Auto-draft screwed me big-time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Auto-draft screwed me big-time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auto-draft screwed me big-time

Postby beau » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:14 pm

I hadn't pre-ranked my players because I thought I would be there for the actual draft. Instead, I had to leave about 10 minutes beforehand (emergency). I got home and found that, in it's infinite wisdom, the auto-draft had given me 8 (yes 8) RBs. I'm looking at how to potentially recover, but I'm really not sure what I can do (if anything)

QBs
Rex Grossman
Jason Campbell

WRs
Darrell Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Matt Jones

TEs
Randy McMichael

RBs
Willie Parker
Julius Jones
Deuce McAllister
Ronnie Brown
Jerious Norwood
Jamal Lewis
Kevin Jones

D/ST
seahawks

K
Josh Brown

The league is pretty standard, except we have one flex slot where any offensive player can start. (QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 OP, 1 D/St, 1 K, 1 TE).

Free agency won't get me much, I was going to pick up Randle El and drop Matt Jones. Other than that I think I need to put together a huge package to bring a quality QB over. The problem is, even my RBs aren't really that deep. Outside of Parker, J. Jones, McAllister the rest are either mediocre or injured (K Jones, who might have value later in the season).

I'm just stuck as to how to proceed. I already got rocked pretty hard in my first game because Rex played against San Diego. I think he'll be pretty serviceable / decent throughout the season though.

How much should I be willing to sacrifice for a quality QB or WR? Any other thoughts?

Am I just screwed?
beau
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auto-draft screwed me big-time

Postby Regalus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm curious as to where you did your league through? By some lucky coincidence someone in my league had the same problem, and managed a pretty tight team through Yahoo. Looking at them after week one, they might be even better than I originally thought.
Regalus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beau » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:29 pm

Regalus wrote:I'm curious as to where you did your league through? By some lucky coincidence someone in my league had the same problem, and managed a pretty tight team through Yahoo. Looking at them after week one, they might be even better than I originally thought.

First year we've been on ESPN. I'm not such a fan.

But seriously guys, I have no idea how to proceed. Even the glut of RBs I have suck for the most part. Clearly I need a QB, but I don't even know what a fair trade would be.
beau
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Mr. Ventura » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:39 am

You're in a pretty tight spot. I would look over everyone else's rosters first. Look especially for who is weak at RB, obviously, and see what they have to offer. Your RB's aren't terrible, especially if someone is looking for a decent #3 for the flex or bye weeks or even #2 if you're willing to part w/ one. Also, look into bye week issues other teams have. Sometimes you can suck someone into a trade if they're going to have a very tough bye week, losing many valuable players ensuring a loss.

Definitely focus the trade on picking up a QB first, then WR. Get Randle El to hold WR for now. If you clear some bench space you could pickup and hold Chris Henry for WR when he returns after wk8, but that's just if you've got extra space after a multi-player trade and you're still in the running by wk9.

You'll have to put together a pretty enticing package, but who knows. Good luck.
By Franchise Fan.
"They're not just the fastest defense, they're the quickest too!" - Madden
Mr. Ventura
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum