Using a WR in the Flex spot? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Using a WR in the Flex spot?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Using a WR in the Flex spot?

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:58 am

In one of my money leagues we do what I refer to as a "best ball" format. We play our whole roster each week, and then the top scoring combination is what counts. The commish came up with this to force owners to spend more effort on maintaining a solid "bench" instead of just keeping the studly starting lineup and neglecting anyone else, and so far in three years of playing this format it has been well received by the league...

Anyway - in this format we eventually "start" 1RB, 3WRs and a flex. As such I have tried the past few years to load up at least 3 solid backs, but this year I got stuck in the 9 spot in the draft (10 teams) and for the hell of it I decided to try something a little crazy and I went WR-WR-WR-WR (Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Lee Evans) and tried to catch some backs in later rounds (Thomas Jones, Brandon Jackson, Betts & Kevin Jones who is IR'd and replaced with Lendale White until he plays) so my whole draft whim (too loose an idea to deserve the term "strategy") this year revolved around the idea that most weeks I would play 1rb and 4wrs...

Time will tell the tale here, I think it will work out fine for me - but it helps that I don't have to decide on which to start each week too...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Using a WR in the Flex spot?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:12 am

woodson_28 wrote:ya, while some people were taking Caddy or L.Jordan, i picked up Fitz to start in my flex spot during my draft. We only start 2 WR, but I have Harrison and S.Smith (CAR) starting WR and then Fitz in the flex.

Considering LaMont had an ADP of 75.0 and Larry had an ADP of 35.9 in ESPN Live Drafts, you're not really using comparable guys. Comparable WRs to Jordan would be Reggie Brown, Deion Branch, or Joey Galloway. Comparable RBs to Fitz would be Edge, MBIII, or Jacobs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk