Anyone else starting Chris Brown week 2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else starting Chris Brown week 2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else starting Chris Brown week 2?

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 pm

I know Indy stopped Bush and McAllister, but from what I saw, it had more to do with Payton's game plan. Saints kept going through the air. When McAllister did run last week, he did fine.

I have a feeling the Titans are going to run it down Indy's throats between the tackles with Brown and Lendale White and that this game will be low-scoring and close. I'll be starting Brown this week and expect anohter 100 yard game.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone else starting Chris Brown week 2?

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Also, Indy allowed over 200 yards in both games vs Tennessee in 2006. I think 70 and no touchdown is the worst Chris Brown can do this game. If he does well, might be able to sell high.

Rushing breakdown expected this Sunday:

Brown: 120 yards, 1td
Young: 40 yards, 1td
White: 70 yards

I'm not sold on Indy's defense at all vs this rushing attack.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:33 pm

2ksports wrote:Also, Indy allowed over 200 yards in both games vs Tennessee in 2006. I think 70 and no touchdown is the worst Chris Brown can do this game. If he does well, might be able to sell high.

Rushing breakdown expected this Sunday:

Brown: 120 yards, 1td
Young: 40 yards, 1td
White: 70 yards

I'm not sold on Indy's defense at all vs this rushing attack.

Indy shutdown Bush and Duece but you expect Tenn to rush for a combined 230 yards with 2 tds! are u playing madden? I'd expect Brown to go for about 60-70 yards and maybe a score. Not sure about the others.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:38 pm

I just don't believe the Indy D-Line can stop the run, especially vs Tennessee. There are several reasons I think this:

1) Tennessee has a more physical line
2) Vince Young's bootleg means the defense can't key in between the tackles, and since they don't have that much size in the front-7, spreading out means between the tackles are going to be wide open for a gashing Brown or White
3) Last year, Tennessee ran for over 200 yards each game, splitting wins with Indy and keeping the score low and offensive opportunities low for the Colts
4) They plan to neutralize Dwight Freeney by running straight at him, so they can set up the pass with Vince Young. They will wear down freeney so he is no longer a pass rush threat.

Based on their game plan, I bet there are over 40 run plays in this game, and Brown will have around 20 carries again. If they can do it to Jacksonville, you can bet they will do it to a much weaker Indy defense.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:05 pm

2ksports wrote:I just don't believe the Indy D-Line can stop the run, especially vs Tennessee. There are several reasons I think this:

1) Tennessee has a more physical line
2) Vince Young's bootleg means the defense can't key in between the tackles, and since they don't have that much size in the front-7, spreading out means between the tackles are going to be wide open for a gashing Brown or White
3) Last year, Tennessee ran for over 200 yards each game, splitting wins with Indy and keeping the score low and offensive opportunities low for the Colts
4) They plan to neutralize Dwight Freeney by running straight at him, so they can set up the pass with Vince Young. They will wear down freeney so he is no longer a pass rush threat.

Based on their game plan, I bet there are over 40 run plays in this game, and Brown will have around 20 carries again. If they can do it to Jacksonville, you can bet they will do it to a much weaker Indy defense.

All of these are good points, except I do expect Freeney to continue good pass rush because thats what he does virtually every play. The reason teams run at him is because 90% of the time he is going to the outside of the tackle and they will run right inside of him.

Personally, I am starting him this week, mostly because of Jacobs and Caddy's injuries. I think he has a very good chance of producing solid #2 RB numbers this week.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm definitely starting him, but that's only because my team sucks due to it being an exansion team.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dhark » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 am

I have Norwood, Brown, and Ward to chose from in my 3rd flex spot. I think I will go w/ Brown as all my WR took a dump on me last week...ie R Williams,Fitz,Evans,Mark Clayton,Curtis. I think I will stick w/ RB's this week, I have Gore,McGahee,and Portis at the helm.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:26 am

over sjax, portis, or peterson? probably not. i'm hoping to trade him for something sexy. like some lingerie.for my blowup doll
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 am

I like Brown but he seriously split carries with LenDale. They both got exactly 20. Brown's not going to get a ton of touches and I don't think that he's going to average 9.2 yds/carry again. Plus you've got to think that Indy's going to put up a ton of points and VY will be forced to throw a lot in the second half.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:47 am

I'm still amazed Tennessee destroyed Jacksonville running the football. That's a good rush defense.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk