Belichick Cheating Since Browns Days? VIDEOS & Accounts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Belichick Cheating Since Browns Days? VIDEOS & Accounts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Belichick Cheating Since Browns Days? VIDEOS & Accounts

Postby treat24 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:15 am

I WAS a pats fan back before even the Bledsoe/Martin/Glenn years... I likeD the team... now I hope they lose several 1st rounders as a TIP OF THE ICEBERG... This is huge... Players took playcuts to stay there, stud free agents wanted to go there because of this cheating. This "dynasty" may have never existed without this cheating. He got them winning by cheating and solid players stuck around and came to the pats becuase of it... Goodell has come down on individual players hard as heck... I hope he comes down on this team harder, wish they could take away trophies like they do heismans ... and this is coming from a guy that used to cheer on Irving Fryar (which is messed up now that I look back on it)... I loved the pats growing up... This needs a huge penalty... If it were the vikes I'd say the same thing, and I'd still be a fan... when gopher bball lost NCAA years because of academic cheating... i applauded it... Pats fans should actually be angry... at least moral ones... your coach and team are cheaters... how can you not be pissed at them, you must not be a true fan of football if it doesn't make you mad.

come on goodell, lay the hammer...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:41 pm

How much of an advantage really could be gained with video taping your opponent? Don't teams change signals especially divisional opponents who play each other twice a year? There's no time to figure anything out midgame. I also find it ironic how the Jets, and more importantly former New England coach Eric Mangini would catch Belichick doing this... HMMM...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:53 pm

SniperShot wrote:How much of an advantage really could be gained with video taping your opponent? Don't teams change signals especially divisional opponents who play each other twice a year? There's no time to figure anything out midgame. I also find it ironic how the Jets, and more importantly former New England coach Eric Mangini would catch Belichick doing this... HMMM...

You don't think that (in the least) studying defensive calls at halftime for use late in a potentially close game would give them an advantage?? HMMM....

I am also not saying that THIS game was close. I am just not stupid enough to think that this was the first time. When they decided to do this, they had no way of knowing that it would be a blowout.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
SniperShot wrote:How much of an advantage really could be gained with video taping your opponent? Don't teams change signals especially divisional opponents who play each other twice a year? There's no time to figure anything out midgame. I also find it ironic how the Jets, and more importantly former New England coach Eric Mangini would catch Belichick doing this... HMMM...

You don't think that (in the least) studying defensive calls at halftime for use late in a potentially close game would give them an advantage?? HMMM....

I am also not saying that THIS game was close. I am just not stupid enough to think that this was the first time. When they decided to do this, they had no way of knowing that it would be a blowout.
I never said I didn't think in the least it wouldn't give them an advantage. I was wondering just how much of an advantage it gives them.

Say Belichick's video crew burns a CD in 3 minutes, shows it to the Pats defensive (or offensive) core and instructs Mike Vrabel/Tom Brady that when the Jets show a fist it means this . . . when the Jets show 3 fingers it means this . . . (all during HALFTIME?) What if the Jets change signals at halftime so when they come out in the 2nd half everything is reversed? A fist that means blitz in the 1st half means drop back into the secondary in the 2nd half... 3 fingers means bomb it deep in the 1st half means hand it off in the 2nd half. Any smart NFL team will make signal guessing next to impossible and having a video could help, but by just how much who knows.

I really think this story got so big because Mangini is a crybaby and wanted some revenge.

The "Video Man" for the Pats got yanked in the 1st quarter and the Pats still owned the Jets...

Now don't get me wrong video taping opponents on the sidelines is prohibited and is cheating and wrong and Belichick will get fined big time for this. But for people to start questioning the Pats dynasties are insane if they think this is the reason they won 3 Super Bowls under Belichick. People who accuse this "taping" of tainting what the Pats have accomplished on the football field are nuts. All coaches attempt to figure out their opponents signals, that's what all the covering up their mouth with the playchart, holding up towels, giving your defense 3 signals and letting players on the field decide which 1 to do seconds before the ball is snapped... Football is a complex game and sure taping could give you an advantage but if it's a 26 mile race and you've got a 15 foot head start just how much is that going effect the outcome? Will it effect it enough to throw Belichick's super bowls out the window? Absolutely not.

I'm just trying to keep things in perspective here.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby nuzzy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:39 pm

Bryn Mawr Evil wrote:This pisses me off. NO - nobody else has done this.

Curious - when did you get to go to EVERY TEAMS SIDELINE and know this for a fact???? This is ridiculous! A LOT of teams do this! Belicheck just got caught and because he's such a JERK of a person, people in the league (and outside of it) want him to get his A$$ handed to him...this is great motivation for the team. If they win the SB this year after this what will people say then???? :-C

--Sig courtesy of madaslives911
nuzzy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treat24 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:55 pm

not enough

Belichick Fined; Pats Lose Pick

The NFL slapped Bill Belichick with a maximum fine of $500,000 Thursday night; fined the Pats $250,000 and will take away their 2008 first-round draft choice if they reach the playoffs; or second- and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby whodey#9 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:29 pm

treat24 wrote:not enough

Belichick Fined; Pats Lose Pick

The NFL slapped Bill Belichick with a maximum fine of $500,000 Thursday night; fined the Pats $250,000 and will take away their 2008 first-round draft choice if they reach the playoffs; or second- and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs.

weak :-t
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am

nuzzy wrote:
Bryn Mawr Evil wrote:This pisses me off. NO - nobody else has done this.

Curious - when did you get to go to EVERY TEAMS SIDELINE and know this for a fact???? This is ridiculous! A LOT of teams do this! Belicheck just got caught and because he's such a JERK of a person, people in the league (and outside of it) want him to get his A$$ handed to him...this is great motivation for the team. If they win the SB this year after this what will people say then???? :-C

That he lost $500K and a 1st rounder??
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk