This is my 2nd Year of F.F. and I just wanna SCREAM!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

This is my 2nd Year of F.F. and I just wanna SCREAM!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

This is my 2nd Year of F.F. and I just wanna SCREAM!!!!

Postby shotgunnblue » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:41 am

O.K. so this year I tried to follow the Draft Rules and suggestions I've seen everywhere a lil' bit better. I read everything and I still think I was much more prepared than last year as a result. I got a pretty good team or at least I thought so. Then in the first week I have D.Branch and L.Evans that get BIG FAT 0's for me, D.Stallworth with like 1Pt., and then I get the Dallas Def and they get a -1 !!!!!!!! I still only lost by like 11 points, but darn this sucks!!! Plus, I lost B.Jacobs due to injury. I am STRESSED!!! Here's my current roster, what do ya'll think??? I play in a Yahoo League with 10 teams and pretty standard rules....
QB-P.MANNING IND
QB-V.YOUNG TEN
QB-E.MANNING NYG
QB-J.P. LOSMAN BUF
WR-S.SMITH CAR
WR-R.MOSS NE
WR-D.BRANCH SEA
WR-D.CARTER CAR
RB-D.FOSTER CAR
RB-D.WILLIAMS CAR
RB-M.PITTMAN TB
RB-C.WILLIAMS TB
RB-T.JONES NYJ
TE-D.CLARK IND
DEF-GREEN BAY
K-EMPTY (GOING TO GET ONE OFF WW AS SOON AS I FIGGER OUT WHO TO DROP?)

I went and picked up some Players off of the W.W. after Week 1, like RB-M.Pittman TB, WR-D.Carter CAR, RB-D.Williams CAR & RB-D.Foster CAR. I dropped RB-B.Jacobs NYG (Injury), WR-D.Stallworth NE (I know, I really screwed up with this one, but I was soooo Mad when I played him and sat Moss and Stallworth got like 1 Pt. and Moss just Kicked Butt!!!! I overreacted and I'm sure it'll cost me down the line.), DEF-Dallas, & K-M.Stover BAL. I'm also trying to pick-up via Trade, WR-A.Randle El WAS & RB-L.Betts WAS, for QB-E.Manning NYG. I was Projected to win by like 12 Pts. in Week #1 and I ended up losing by 11 Pts. With Evans, Branch, Stallworth (and me Stupidly leaving Moss on the bench!!!), and the Dallas Defense either doing nothing for me, or even worse, costing me points!!! I am so Freaking Frustrated!!!! Help Me if Ya'll can.....Please...Any Help will be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.
Peace, D.Williams
shotgunnblue
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: This is my 2nd Year of F.F. and I just wanna SCREAM!!!!

Postby latraffic » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:51 am

Feel better? Getting that off your chest, I mean. :-) Hey, I lost by 1 point in my big money league this week because Mr. Brees scored negative 3 for me. Negative 3. How is that possible at QB? I too was very unhappy. However, it happens. Even to vets like me who've been playing for decades (yes, back when it was still pen and paper leagues only). Don't panic though. You have some talent and now you know know to always start Randy Moss...

Without knowing how many you have to start at each position, I have to ask WHY IN THE WORLD do you have 4 QBs on the roster. You need exactly 2 -- Peyton and one of the others who's playing during Peyton's bye week. The other are worthless because you will never, ever start one of them instead of Peyton. Right?

You are in a HORRIBLE position at RB and I can see from some of the studs in other positions, you didn't follow fantasy draft advice TOO well. If you didn't draft a QB in round one, I'll eat my hat. So... now what? Try and trade Randy Moss NOW, while he's red hot, of a slumping RB -- I'd even try to get SJAX or LJ because a lot of newbies are very fed up with them right now. You MUST be stronger at RB to compete.

Good luck.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Snowhawk » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:39 am

I wouldn't overreact just yet... Evans had a tough day in the office vs a great pass def, branch just didn't get into the fold of the offense, and stallworth is a big play guy, he was played pretty good, its just everyone else on that offense was playing the same, but were getting open. Dallas getting -1 hurts and B.Jacobs was called out by many to become an injury case. What happened to Evans on your roster? cut? traded?

Anyway, just remember, as bad as you are hurting right now, there is one situation going down for the past season (and even into this season), one GM in one of my leagues has lost all of his games being the 2nd highest scorer in the league... and he just missed the playoffs last year and is already 0-1 this year. It's only 1 week, relax, don't do anything drastic, and don't jump on too many bandwagons.
Snowhawk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Venom » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:45 am

I agree with both above posts.

1. You need a better RB core.

2. Do not do anything drastic. Its only Week 1.

I also suggest moving Moss while he is hot for a slumping top RB. You have excellent WR depth, but if you do not make moves early to get some RB talent, you will be watching the playoffs from home.

Do not be so worried about trading talent for what they may bring to your table, be more interested in getting what you need to WIN, and that is the position of RB. Don't go trading away your whole squad, but losing a top WR to get a top RB is going to help more than hurt, trust me.

One more thing... drop Losman to pick up another WW WR to cover for the one you trade.

Good luck no matter how it goes ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby shotgunnblue » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for Yalls advice. And you are right brother I took peyton first round! Dumb move I know! Im gonna trade Moss and try to get a better RB. Thanks Again ya'll. Peace.
shotgunnblue
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Beginner's Forum