Advice on a trade approval - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Advice on a trade approval

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice on a trade approval

Postby Toro » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:34 am

I have some chatter protesting a trade in one of my keeper leagues. Its Calvin Johnson for Travis Henry. I'm inclined to put it through, But some owners are upset about it, and some are ok with the trade. So far split down the middle. What is your thoughts. I would put it through as Johnson as high ceiling in keeper league and Henry has strong value currently this season. Is this trade equitable?

Thanks
Toro
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice on a trade approval

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 am

Toro wrote:I have some chatter protesting a trade in one of my keeper leagues. Its Calvin Johnson for Travis Henry. I'm inclined to put it through, But some owners are upset about it, and some are ok with the trade. So far split down the middle. What is your thoughts. I would put it through as Johnson as high ceiling in keeper league and Henry has strong value currently this season. Is this trade equitable?

Thanks

There is no issue with this trade and by the way that teams are split I would say that justifies it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Cards24 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:18 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Toro wrote:I have some chatter protesting a trade in one of my keeper leagues. Its Calvin Johnson for Travis Henry. I'm inclined to put it through, But some owners are upset about it, and some are ok with the trade. So far split down the middle. What is your thoughts. I would put it through as Johnson as high ceiling in keeper league and Henry has strong value currently this season. Is this trade equitable?

Thanks

There is no issue with this trade and by the way that teams are split I would say that justifies it.

Agree...
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 am

My guess is the guy getting Henry thinks he has a good chance to win this year. Henry has a couple good years left in him and has the potential to be a top 5 back this year and next. CJ is at LEAST a year away from being good, much less great. So the guy acquiring him is obviously setting up for long term. In a redraft league, Henry is a ton more valuable than CJ. In a keeper league, CJ is much more valuable than Henry. But in a keeper league, if you're always setting up your team for 3 years from now, you'll always be 3 years away from winning. Eventually, you need to either keep those prospects or trade them for big short term gains.

I fail to see any problem with this trade at all.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner