Carnell (Caddy) Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carnell (Caddy) Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carnell (Caddy) Williams

Postby smackthefirst » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Ok so what's everyones take on Caddy at this point? I'm having a heck of time figuring out how he ranks because everyone I speak to seems to have drastically different opinions. On one hand, you have his rookie season, Gruden's crush on him, and a full work load when healthy. On the other hand you have that he has only had one good season (being his rookie season), the fact that TB has a subpar line, and the fact that he seems very injury prone.

So where would everyone put him value wise? Does he outrank most of the guys in RBBC because he's the full time guy when healthy, or is he lower than most RB's even if they are in a RBBC? And what's everyones thoughts on Caddy this season? Is this first injury just the beginning of the end or a little blip? Is Caddy a buy low or a sell now type of guy?
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Carnell (Caddy) Williams

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 pm

I'm not a Caddy fan at all. That Tampa Bay offense is sub-par and they're showing no signs of improving in the near future with aging veterans like Garcia and Galloway anchoring the offense. Caddy's scored once in the his last 16 games, and other than his 3-game spurt to start his rookie season he really hasn't accomplished much during his stint in the NFL. Tack on his injury histories to go along with a coach that refuses to rebuild the team, and I don't like Caddy's outlook this year or in the coming years.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

For me, Caddy is shaping up to be a Chris Brown type. All the talent in the world, but never is healthy enough to utilize it.

Forget 2006, throw that out the window. No one could succeed in that situation.

Remember the injuries though. I vowed to bench Caddy in the only league I own him in this week due to the ribs no matter what happens, but I've ended up starting him anyways. Probably will be yet another 0-2 point performance from the banged up beater. We should rename him Pinto when he gets injured.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Caddy's value is automatically at RB3 only because he's the undoubted fatured back for a team. Still, I've avoided him as much as I could because Tampa's offense hasn't made any major improvements. Jeff Garcia is good, but not good enough to significantly open up the opportunities in the running game, and their offensive line is still below average.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Ball Sweat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:43 am

Damn, and I benched him this week for Sammy Morris. That lost me 7 points.
Ball Sweat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby V-unit » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 am

I have Caddi as my 4th RB beacuse guys in my league were all staying away from him.I have a feeling he is going to be a solid #2 Rb and after this last game I see more good things coming from Caddi or at least i hope so.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:35 am

Cadillac Works Off Preseason Rust
The Tampa Tribune

Published: September 18, 2007

TAMPA - Bucs RB Cadillac Williams asked for it, and now Coach Jon Gruden is ready to deliver.

'I want to see him carry the ball a lot more. He needs to get himself ready to carry the ball a lot more,' Gruden said. 'He needs to get hit. He needs to play and work himself through some of his rust and inactivity I forced him through in the preseason.

'All I heard about him was about not carrying the ball in the preseason. Well, you're going to get it a lot in the coming weeks, my friend.'

Williams rushed 24 times for 61 yards and two touchdowns in Tampa Bay's 31-14 victory against New Orleans on Sunday, but, apparently, this is only the beginning of his workload.

Gruden said he never considered pulling Williams, who played with special padding around his sore ribs, late in the fourth quarter after Tampa Bay built a substantial lead. With the way Williams was used last season - he rushed for only one touchdown - it is no surprise he supported Gruden's decision to continue playing.

'I had 24 carries and I think every week I go to running backs coach Art Valero and say '25 touches now,'' Williams said. 'I'm one short, so hopefully next week I get that 25. Actually, I went to Coach Valero when we were up 21 and said, 'Coach don't try to pull me now. I need some work.' He said as long as you're good, you're going. I was glad to hear that.'

Gruden and Williams are unhappy about Tampa Bay's running productivity on first down.

The Bucs rushed 16 times on first down and gained 50 yards (3.1 average) against New Orleans. Only six of those 16 rushes were more than 4 yards.

Overall, Tampa Bay has rushed for 92 yards on 27 first-down attempts, which Williams believes has to improve.

'We need to be more in the 4- to 6-yard range. Second-and-6 and second-and-4 instead of second-and-8 and second-and-9,' Williams said. 'I feel like we could be a lot more productive, and maybe we need to mix in a pass with that. I think that is something we will concentrate on this week and get a lot better in.'

BUCS 'D' 2007: After Tampa Bay's dominating defensive performance, some were quick to say it looked like the Bucs defense of old.

Tampa Bay swarmed to the ball, made sound tackles and limited the production of an opposing star - see Reggie Bush's 27 yards on 10 carries.

However, Tampa Bay's veterans are leery about those comparisons.

'We always talk about getting the swagger again,' SS Jermaine Phillips said. 'I think if you look at the way we played Sunday, the hustling and hitting, you can't ask for much more than that.

'People look at Chicago and the way they play, and Indy and the way they built their defense, and it's like, 'Hold on, you're not talking about the Bucs?' We're who started this. We're the founders of everything. Maybe it's time for a new model and that's what we're bringing to the table right now.'
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby gws226 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Im one of the guilty parties owning Caddy.

I think you really need to discount his entire 2006 campaign, before passing judgement. So essiently, you have a rookie that flashed alot of talent, and proved he is going to be injury-prone.

My league was a 12 team w/flex, and I picked him 42nd overall (Lewis, Caddy, Lynch) all went in this round. I expected him to get banged up this year, but when healthy I expect solid flex or respectable RB2 numbers in this deep of a league.
12 team- flex
QB:Bulger/Romo
RB: Parker, A.Peterson, Priest Holmes, Selvin Young, Kolby Smith
WR: Chad, Coles, S.Holmes, Lee Evans
K:K. Folk
D: Jacksonville
gws226
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk