Issue about trade accept time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Issue about trade accept time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Issue about trade accept time

Postby cowsvils » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:42 pm

Okay, so team A and team B completed a fair trade in my league recently. Team A apparently believed that the trade would take effect as of week three, saying that there was text which supported this, however, he did not realize that the trade would take effect week 2 until after it was processed Team B is not willing to give back the players for this week. I am still waiting to find out if there actually is text which says when the trade will take place. If that turns out to be the case, should I reassign the players for this week?
cowsvils
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Issue about trade accept time

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:23 pm

If there is something in writing between the owners that indicates the trade was to be effective after week 2, I think you have no choice but to reverse the trade now and reprocess it after week 2.

Even if it wasn't in writing, if Owner B knows that was part of the deal and just wants to pretend it wasn't, he is a bum.

This type of trading should not be allowed, unless you have a complex website running your league that can handle it. It is too much for you, and everyone else, to keep up with. And, it will just lead to problems. If you want to trade, do it now. Otherwise, wait until next week to agree to the deal.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner