XM -vs- Sirius - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

XM -vs- Sirius

Moderator: Football Moderators

XM -vs- Sirius

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 am

I am considering getting satellite radio for me and my wife. I am sure it is personal preference, but which is better? I will be using it for music and sports. Also, can you put the radio in different cars with ease? I would like to transfer it from my car to my Govt car.

I would like your personal opinion.

Thanks.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: XM -vs- Sirius

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 am

I don't know much but I do know that if you're a sports fan Sirius is NFL and XFM is MLB
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:59 am

I have xm which I really like, however sirius has football, so that is tempting as well.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:29 am

i absolutely loved having Sirius... I thought it was so much better than my friends XM.

I really hope the FCC allows them to merge. I'm kinda waiting for that before I get involved with them again.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:08 pm

Bought a new car that came with a 3 month trial of XM. Very annoyed that NFL radio is only on Sirius, so I haven't really listened to XM much. Was really hoping that XM and Sirius would have merged already, but as it is now, I'll probably cancel XM.

I just don't think radio is worth $13 a month despite getting a whole bunch of channels.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:47 am

beanoX3 wrote:Bought a new car that came with a 3 month trial of XM. Very annoyed that NFL radio is only on Sirius, so I haven't really listened to XM much. Was really hoping that XM and Sirius would have merged already, but as it is now, I'll probably cancel XM.

I just don't think radio is worth $13 a month despite getting a whole bunch of channels.

Than you don't live in MN...The radio round here blows...
Last edited by Tiki on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:54 am

I'm big on Sirius. Love it. Mercer Boy got me hooked.

The car kits cost about $70. I tried to install it myself, it worked but it was messy so my dealership installed it for $50. It is suctioned to the inside of the windshield so it's not as convenient or as nice looking as the ones installed in the dash but it works fine.

The Home kits are pretty easy to install but you have to make sure that you have a window facing Iowa-ish or you won't be able to get a signal. If you live in a big city they will have a terrestrial rebroadcaster so you will be able to get a signal from almost anywhere.

As I said, I love Sirius but I'm a big Howard Stern fan. The NFL is also very good but only if you are on the road on Sunday.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:28 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm big on Sirius. Love it. Mercer Boy got me hooked.

The car kits cost about $70. I tried to install it myself, it worked but it was messy so my dealership installed it for $50. It is suctioned to the inside of the windshield so it's not as convenient or as nice looking as the ones installed in the dash but it works fine.

The Home kits are pretty easy to install but you have to make sure that you have a window facing Iowa-ish or you won't be able to get a signal. If you live in a big city they will have a terrestrial rebroadcaster so you will be able to get a signal from almost anywhere.

As I said, I love Sirius but I'm a big Howard Stern fan. The NFL is also very good but only if you are on the road on Sunday.

And if you look hard enough, you can find one to match your thumb. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:43 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm big on Sirius. Love it. Mercer Boy got me hooked.

i actually like all the shows, all week long on Sirius NFL Radio... but I don't have it anymore :-C
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:34 pm

The one and only reason to buy satellite radio is for the NFL coverage, and that's only available on Sirius... So there's not really any competition...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk