XM -vs- Sirius - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

XM -vs- Sirius

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: XM -vs- Sirius

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:The one and only reason to buy satellite radio is for the NFL coverage, and that's only available on Sirius... So there's not really any competition...

Or if you like unpopular music....And the NFL radio thing is meh meh, I mean I am not really on the road on Sundays.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:40 am

I have Sirius and love it. I've had limited experience with XM, but in believe I would certainly prefer Sirius over XM. I might actually prefer, however, to get the MLB games vs. the NFL games, as I'm usually around the house on Sundays and not in the car.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:45 pm

My Dad has XM in his car and I've loved it. But, I bet I would like Sirius too if they got a classic Hip-Hop station! ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Tiki wrote:My Dad has XM in his car and I've loved it. But, I bet I would like Sirius too if they got a classic Hip-Hop station! ;-D

BackSpin channel 43. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Tiki wrote:My Dad has XM in his car and I've loved it. But, I bet I would like Sirius too if they got a classic Hip-Hop station! ;-D

BackSpin channel 43. ;-D

So I guess in this argument it's a tie to me! Which one is cheaper?
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:47 pm

You could say I am a major Sirius supporter. ;-D In fact...I am going to be at the Sirius Satellite Studios on Monday and Tuesday of next week - no joke! :-D ;-D

I am a HUGE fan of the Covino & Rich Show on Maxim Radio. I have gone to NY to meet them before, and I'm going back next week to record some of my parody songs that I've made for the show. You could say this is my big break in the music business (not really, but hey - who can say they've ever recorded songs in a studio! B-) )

I have had my radio for almost two years now, and I love it. I listen in the car all the time and all night at work. Sirius and XM may be merging soon, so you might be able to get some of the other service for a little bit more than the current subscription price. Personally, I have no desire to get anything XM has other than baseball games.

As far as music goes, it's like this - XM plays more obscure stuff, Sirius plays the hit songs and has more repetition. If you are a major music nut and want to hear all sorts of different bands, than you might enjoy XM more. Still, I would recommend Sirius because of the NFL, Howard Stern, NASCAR, and all the other content they have.

I think you'd be pleased with either service if you're sick of hearing commercials on music stations and you're not big on using iPods. Happy listening with whatever you choose! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Sirius buys XM

So that's the only way they could work out the merger...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:02 pm

treat24 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Sirius buys XM

So that's the only way they could work out the merger...

Yea we studied this in my Antitrust class. It is going to pass and go through.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:09 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Yea we studied this in my Antitrust class. It is going to pass and go through.

Yep, and that's great ;-D

Sirius is great - I like all the music choices, too, and NFL when I'm in class on weekends and get an hour for lunch on Sundays during the games (listen in the car).

Now with the XM merge, I should be able to take the Stiletto to the baseball games next season. I like to listen to the announcers during the game (in one ear, anyhow).
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk