Womens' league draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Womens' league draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Womens' league draft

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:00 am

O.K. I am a rookie in a womens' fantasy football league and was seasoned in the NFL scene until I had two children. I took all of your advise and this is what I came up with. Don't be too hard on me, I don't think very many of the women are very seasoned either. I'm relatively happy with some of the picks, but not really with my WR picks. There are 8 teams with 19 members on each team. I had pick #7. Give me your thoughts. :-o

Ricky Williams
Edgerrin James
Brett Farve
Keyshawn Johnson
Antowain Smith
Darrell Jackson
Chris Chambers
Clinton Portis
Shannon Sharpe
Michael Vick
Koren Robinson
Byron Chamberlain
Amos Zereoue
Drew Brees
D'Wayne Bates
Adam Vinatieri
Matt Stover
Miami
Oakland

Thanks
Last edited by dihall on Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Riggo » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:58 am

Good Draft! I just have one suggestion for you. You have good depth at the RB position so what I would do is Package Favre and Portis and trade for an upgrade at QB, maybe Gannon, Garcia (you might have to add a WR for Garcia) or Culpepper. Reason being Favre's WR situation is not good. Terry Glenn has always been a punk and it surprised me that the Packers pick a guy like that up. If he does play he is VERY injury prone and then that leaves all rookie WR's. Very unstable situation there. Favre is probably good trade bait now but if Glenn goesdown you will have a hard time getting rid of him and then you would have to rely on Vick and Brees. If you can trade for a QB in a solid situation I think your team would be pretty hard to beat.

Good Luck! ;-D
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:19 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I will watch a little and see what I think. Anyone else have any thought? ;-D
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby terpfan » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:31 pm

gannon is not better than favre. good draft. ur receivers arent that bad...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:13 pm

good draft your solid or better at every position so be proud of yourself

i like your WR's good matchup picks you'll probably rotate them week by week but watch out for edge

GREAT JOB!!!!! ;-D
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:27 pm

I know about Edge! :-o I was a little nervous drafting him, but I just couldn't pass him up. I just don't know a whole lot about some of the wrs. I was a little concerned about Farve, but hopefully he will do well. Thanks all for the vote of confidence! I really love football and hope this year I will be able to watch a little bit more than the last few years. Any other tips on possible trades or strategy would be appreciated. Thanks! ;-D
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:57 pm

How many starters at each position?
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Women's Intuition

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:38 am

When I worked on a paving crew one summer/fall, we bet on football and my foreman was one of the worst at picking who would win. After one particularly bad week, he hands the betting card to his wife and says, "YOU fill it out!"

Well, she's sitting there saying stuff like ... San Franciso vs Rams ... Joe Montana is a handsome guy ... I'll take San Franciso. Then she goes on about how she likes the color of Miami's uniform, how she likes some WR's tight ass ... and when all was said and done she won $100 when her husband had never won a penny.

Moral of the story? Women find their own way to pick winners (and losers), and they don't need some internet cheat sheet to do it. Go with your gut instincts, and maybe who looks best in their uniforms, and good luck!
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Miss Otis » Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:52 am

Your right DraftDodger, that's why I didn't try to draft Kurt Warner. His butt is really not that cute. I drafted Jake Plummer because he looks much better in his pants. :-) Now, I can't wait to sit back and watch Jake's cute butt rack up the points. Oh yeah, I am a Seahawks fan too---All the way to the Superbowl Baby!!!!!!!
Miss Otis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Wow!

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:15 pm

I am flattered that you registered just to mock my post :)
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk