Should I Drop Shockey??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I Drop Shockey???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I Drop Shockey???

Postby JayM09 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:55 pm

I was watching him play last night, and I feel he wont be able to last the rest of the year. You could clearly tell that he is hurting. Am I overreacting or to I have a valid excuse of dropping him. I hate to just lose him, but our trade deadline was yesterday. My tightends are Shockey and Billy Miller. or do i get rid of miller???

these guys are available:
Bubba Franks and Michael Ricks and John Davis

Davis and Ricks are hurting, so Franks looks like the better option, plus he has the better qb in favre. Should I risk dropping shockey for franks or what suggestions do you guys have. I have nobody else that I can drop.
qb- brooks and pennington
rb- alexander, dillon, lewis, barber
wr- owens, moulds, burress, conway
te- shockey and miller
k- carney
d- bears
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:27 pm

I think I'd rather have Franks then Shockey. I had Franks and Shockey both on my roster and ended up benching him most of the time. He hardly ever gave me pts. and then the injury. I traded him two weeks ago for Coles and picked up Miller as my back-up. So a Franks/Miller combo looks good to me. They both find the end-zone (something Shockey hasn't done much of).
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby gavin256 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:46 pm

Well, thats a tough one to call. I would keep shockey cuz even though shockey is hurting he still recieved for 69 yards on 6 receptions. One was for 21 yards. And he did all that while he was hurting. He almost got a touchdown even but the ball was blocked at the last moment. Before the monday night football game i wanted to see how he was playing and how he did and how often they called his #. Well, it was often enough for me and im keeping him on my teams. But, the only thing is i added miller. I suggest dropping miller for bubba franks. That seems logical to me. Cuz if shockey does that good hurting against a good defense, then think how good he will be hurting against a bad defense. I dont think he will recover fully from this toe injury this season. It will take a lot of time to recover. But, he is still a good te in my mind.
Git-R-Done!!!!!!!!!
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:15 pm

id drop miller for franks, not shockey.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

?

Postby casey » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:54 pm

Right now the Giants just look bad and Shockey is hurting with that toe. It would be a shame to drop him because they might get it turned around. That said, Franks is a great td tight end and this year he is actually catching a few balls. He has 24 receptions on the season. Houston is starting to get the ball more and more to Miller and it has resulted in 200+ yards and 3 scores. Your choice is a hard one but I would dump the injured Giant for Bubba.
casey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:03 pm

I think its fortunate that Franks is still available to pick up. At least he has a potential of scoring a TD every week, unlike most TE.

I can't stand harboring injuries on my roster. Drop him.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clockerq » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:29 pm

can't believe that franks, ricks and davis are all available in your league!!! well maybe davis,,,,i would put ricks on my team even though hes nursing a groin injury,,,franks gets td's but not any yardage,,nothing wrong with having any combination of these te's on your team.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JayM09 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:30 pm

yeah, i had franks and had to drop him cause he had a bye last week, and also was unsure if shockey would be able to play, so i dropped franks for miller and started him over shockey last week...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk