Opinions on Jake Delhomme? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions on Jake Delhomme?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinions on Jake Delhomme?

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm

I drafted Jake to back up McNabb, but pending McNabb's start tomorrow, I'm think that Jake may be the better QB this season. I know a lot of people are not high on him, but so far his numbers have been impressive.

week 1 (@STL): 18 comp, 207 yrds, 3 TD
week 2 (HOU): 27 comp, 307 yrds, 3 TD, INT

now, those aren't great DEF, but look at his schedule: @ATL, TB, @NO, @ARI, BYE, IND, @TEN, ATL, @GNB, NO, SF, @JAC, SEA, DAL

Only GNB and JAC have a strong chance to be a #10 pass DEF.

So my question: where do people rank J.Delhomme to finish this season at QB? Is he possibly a top 5?
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Opinions on Jake Delhomme?

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:31 pm

woodson_28 wrote:I drafted Jake to back up McNabb, but pending McNabb's start tomorrow, I'm think that Jake may be the better QB this season. I know a lot of people are not high on him, but so far his numbers have been impressive.

week 1 (@STL): 18 comp, 207 yrds, 3 TD
week 2 (HOU): 27 comp, 307 yrds, 3 TD, INT

now, those aren't great DEF, but look at his schedule: @ATL, TB, @NO, @ARI, BYE, IND, @TEN, ATL, @GNB, NO, SF, @JAC, SEA, DAL

Only GNB and JAC have a strong chance to be a #10 pass DEF.

So my question: where do people rank J.Delhomme to finish this season at QB? Is he possibly a top 5?

That BYE team has a mean pass rush though. I would doubt that he keeps up these stellar numbers. Don't start him over McNabb against a comparable defense, but maybe against NO if McNabb has a tough matchup. TB, ATL and DAL and SEA aren't gonna help his numbers out, so watch out there.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:48 pm

I have the same two QBs and the same dilemma. If I'd started Delhomme this week, I would probably already have won. Now I need McNabb to match Portis and Philly's TE tomorrow night.

I think McNabb has huge potential provided he stays healthy but it surely is nice to have Delhomme on the bench. As mentioned above, I'd watch the match ups and pick who to play based on opposing DEFs.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:17 am

I liked Delhomme for a bounce back year but also keep in the defenses he's faced, I think McNabb will have the better season.
MentalPowerHouse
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby codered7 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:33 am

Delhomme's stats is the product of steve smith. If stevie is healthy Delhomme will have a fine season top 10. Their chemistry is up to par with Marvin/Peyton. Good example was this week when stevie went out, Jake started to suck, and thats when he threw his pick. I think he will not keep up his 3 tds a game obviously...since teams will start triple...quadrupln...PUT WHOLE SECONDARY on stevie, thats when delhomey will struggle. If he can consistently find some other ppl once in a while, Delhome will be good enuff to start over mcnabb/bulgers pending the matchup.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby juniorvarsity33 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:09 am

Own Jake in EVEN years

03 = Super Bowl run
04 = S**tty
05 = NFC Championship Game
06 = More S**tty
07 = you see the pattern here?

I put all my stock into him last year (drafting him in the 6th round) to carry my Tiki, Gore, Holt team last year... a top 2 WR, and 2 of the top 4RB, and my losses from his sucking were embarassing!!!

I like my chances w/ Brady this season ;-D
juniorvarsity33
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ball Sweat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:40 am

codered7 wrote:I think he will not keep up his 3 tds a game obviously...since teams will start triple...quadrupln...PUT WHOLE SECONDARY on stevie, thats when delhomey will struggle.

If you saw that play Steve made today I don't think it matters. He broke about what, 6 tackles? Then ran it 60 yds or so for the TD.
But yeah, while he's on a roll I say start him.
Ball Sweat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tianyi86 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am

For those ppl who keep saying McNabb will outperform Delhomme with a certainty, I'm just wondering who will McNabb throw to?

Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown are not really the kind of wrs that give alot of trouble to the opponent's secondary. If a team plays a shallow zone defense like a cover 2 sink and take away the dump off passes to Westbrook, McNabb loses his effectiveness because he doesn't have the go to wr on his team anymore.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby V-unit » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 am

I drafted Dellhomme as my starter very late in the draft and so far it has made wonders for me.Of course it does help that i have Steve Smith as well.There is no way he can keep up this pace but honestly i can see him about 250 2 td week in week out.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:52 am

After last night's game, I pulled McNabb from my line up and penciled in Delhomme as a week 3 starter. I don't know if I'll chicken out later in the week and switch back but for now, Delhomme is the guy.

Yahoo projected scoring has McNabb with more points for week 3 but I've learned to mostly ignore those projected stats. Yahoo seems to be behind on any player who isn't fitting their original projected stats scenarios. Takes Yahoo a few weeks for their projected stats to catch up to reality. For example, McNabb is still rated over 20 while Delhomme is down around 15. The players' first two weeks stats reflect exactly the opposite. Wes Welker has had weeks of 12.XX and 10.XX points. He is projected with 5.XX points again this week. Yahoo is a juggernaut that doesn't react very quickly.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk