Steve Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Steve Smith

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 am

Axl's Army wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:I actually got accused of collusion when i acquired him while he was injured giving up Dillon and Marvin Harrison for Smith and McAllister. Nothing sweeter than watching him score 3 TD's on those owners and remind them about the "worst trade in the history of the league" ;-D

I got the same response from Cafe Members when I asked "How'd I do with my trade?" I gave up Westy for him straight up & cannot be happier. It was an off-season keeper league trade. Their comment was - you traded a First Rounder for a Second Rounder. I simply wanted Smith & wanted a team that was more balanced than just 2 Stud RBs.

And this year, more than in a long time, it looks like the WR position is going to factor a lot more into championship teams than in the past few years.

Go Steve Smith - Carolina. And, Steve Smith - NYG I hope you recover from your injury (got to keep right with Karma, you know). :-)

Smith's a beast, and there's no denying that wideouts have been the story the first two weeks of the season, but as the 2007 campaign progresses it's gonna level out (especially once the "stud" RBs get past early crappy matchups and/or get untracked.

That's not a horrible trade, but I'd hold off on the back-pats for a bit.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Steve Smith

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:27 am

well reason I said own tier was because of Delhomme. Delhomme looks for Smith first, then if not there a RB, then back to Smith. He never dumps it to another guy if Smith is open. I like CJ and all, but CJ is not Steve Smith. He is a bit too inconsistent, and doesn't have nearly the 100-yard game potential. Harrison is a little better, but he doesn't have the explosiveness of Steve Smith. Smith did well last year even being injured and out 3 games. Also Delhomme was injured too. IMO, when Delhomme is at QB and Steve Smith is healthy, then you do have that tier separation. Even the bears couldn't stop this duo a couple years back.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk