Larry Johnson - Buy low or bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson - Buy low or bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson - Buy low or bust?

Buy Low
83%
Bust
17%

Total votes : 60

Re: Larry Johnson - Buy low or bust?

Postby Felix the Cat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:I would be interested in buyig low but any savvy LJ owner will want a top 10-12 RB in return along with another player of some sort probably.

But LJ probably finishes in that 10-12 range anyways so it's probably not worth it.

Stay away imo!

In a couple of weeks people will start beginning to forget about their drafts and focus on their rosters. Then is when the LJ owners will be wanting to unload him.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chidoy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:00 pm

As I stated before, LJ is a bust this year IMHO. He's got all the talent in the world, NO DOUBT, but his O-line troubles, no QB troubles, crappy team troubles, and schedule troubles don't help him in anyway.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Felix the Cat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:26 pm

chidoy wrote:As I stated before, LJ is a bust this year IMHO. He's got all the talent in the world, NO DOUBT, but his O-line troubles, no QB troubles, crappy team troubles, and schedule troubles don't help him in anyway.

Two weeks aren't much to go on, of course, but if he continues at his current rate he's on track for a 1500 combined yard season. And that's against good defenses.

That's not really a bust in my book.

If Kansas City can manage to get into the red zone more often when they play less good defenses, LJ should see all of the attention there and his TDs should return.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 pm

LJ's schedule still sucks for a few weeks, his owners (me included in a league) just have to put up with it. Plus, he still hasn't had a game where he got a ton of carries. Those days will come against lesser opponents as the Chiefs fight to win.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:47 pm

what are you guys concerns for bust? obviously he's not a bust in any sense of that word, maybe a bust in that he will be the 13th best fantasy rb this yr and he was drafted 2nd, which is possible...im not an owner, i stayed clear of him, if i had the 3rd pick and s jax was gone i would of went with addai over him, or gore....

but you guys are basing expectations off of these 2 weeks, he's rusty as is LT, which is good because his legs are and will be fresh all year...

all you impatient owners, i cant wait for the final 8 weeks for LJ and S Jax to tear it up and put up 25 points a game so you can look at what you got in return and see how it doesnt compare at all
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SJNez46 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:12 am

I thikn he is a buy low, but I dont expect great #s from him.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chidoy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:46 am

Just to clarify, IMHO, he'll be a bust as a top 3 pick.. I do think he'll be a top 10-15 Rb this season however, even with all of KC's deficiencies.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:22 pm

If he doesn't score a TD against Minnesota this week, I think his value will be at his lowest. That will be the opportune time to buy: between week 3 and week 4. Just short enough for people to believe LJ will suck the entire year and just long enough for people to second guess the guy they drafted in the 1st.

This guy is going to be a monster in the 2nd half of the season. Absolute monster.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WeekSixteen » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 pm

In a PPR Keeper (1 each position) league I was offered

Johnson, Larry KCC RB
Wilford, Ernest JAC WR
Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Kasay, John CAR PK

for

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB
Bruce, Isaac STL WR
Smith, L.J. PHI TE
Reed, Jeff PIT PK

I see Peterson following the same path as Steven Jackson at least, high ADP as a rookie only get better, ADP was a 4th rounder in my inaugeral keeper draft. I know there is a trade forum but thies seems more appropriate. I don't think LJ will blow ADP away.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Jason X wrote:I see Peterson following the same path as Steven Jackson at least, high ADP as a rookie only get better, ADP was a 4th rounder in my inaugeral keeper draft. I know there is a trade forum but thies seems more appropriate. I don't think LJ will blow ADP away.

Dude, I had to go back and re-read this a few times before I understood you. Most of us read ADP as "average draft position" I think. . . not as "Adrian Peterson"

Anyways, back to the subject . . . LJ fell to me at #6, and there was no way I was gonna pass on him there. I bet (conservatively estimating) that he finishes with at least 1800 total yards from scrimmage and 14 tds. He started slow last year too. He had a crappy team last year as well. His workload (and production) will increase, unless Herm Edwards has no brain.

His 1st game, he was rusty, and Edwards only gave him 10 carries, with which he got and got 43 yards. He added another 44 yards on 7 catches. . . . I'll take that kind of production, especially when he starts getting back up to 25-30 carries/game.

His second game was against CHI, who is a top ranked defense. He only got 16 carries in that game, and averaged a respectable 3.5ypc. This is against the same defense that held Tomlinson to only 1.5 ypc.

Trading LJ at this point would be a huge mistake IMHO. Herm Edwards will be fired if he keeps holding LJ back. LJ needs to get a minimum 25 carries/game if the Chiefs hope to win. They have to control the clock with LJ, because god knows that defense is lousy.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk