New to Fantasy - advice wanted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New to Fantasy - advice wanted

Moderator: Football Moderators

New to Fantasy - advice wanted

Postby planokidd@gmail.com » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Ok here it is guys. I need help with my team. I'm getting my butt kicked because of these players doing nothing. Should I start looking to trade? If so, who should I consider first and foremost? What would you guys do?

QB - Brett Favre, Vince Young
RB - Laurence Maroney, Reggie Bush, Michael Pittman
WR - Marques Colston, Reggie Brown, Brandon Marshall, Patrick Crayton, Santana Moss, Amani Toomer
TE - Vernon Davis, Ben Watson
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - Indy

THANKS A TON!!!!
planokidd@gmail.com Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New to Fantasy - advice wanted

Postby latraffic » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:48 am

Like a lot of new fantasy football managers, you're not paying enough attention to the running back position. This is where you are losing your matchups. Maroney and Bush have severely underperformed this season for you but don't bail on them completely. Bush in particular will come back strong in the weeks ahead.

Without knowing your roster spots, I can still say you have far too many WRs on your team. You can get by with three I imagine so it's time to unload there. Keep Colston, Moss and Marshall. See if any managers in your league are hurting at this position and try to trade the other guys for a second tier running back. It's a long shot but not unheard of.

You also don't need both QBs. When the bye week comes, you can grab a fill-in from the waiver wire. Trade away one of these two. Both are BIG fan favorites so determine who the Titan or Pack fan is in your league and again, try to lure away a running back in trade.

Same advice for the two TEs. Davis is getting a lot of hype but I beleive he is overrated and will not perform better than Watson in the long haul. See if either can get you a trade for a running back.

Or try and package some of these players to get your hands on a running back. Ask for the moon but be ready to settle for a Lynch or A. Green or Jordon.

Lastly, check the waiver wire (WW) and see if you have any sleepers at running back out there. Morris, Ward, Wynn... it's time to start digging and hoping someone turns up gold.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: New to Fantasy - advice wanted

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:52 am

I agree with the last guy, unless you are in a points per reception league in which case many WRs outperform RBs. However, most of your WRs are Tier 2 and below and Colston just hasn't done it yet 0 but he should. I also recommend picking one tight end and using that roster spot for another RB. Guys get hurt with regularity and u can never have enough RB. Trade Reggie Brown if u can get someone decent. Philly WRs (with the exception of TO) are almost never a good option as McNabb likes to spread the ball around.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Beginner's Forum