SF can they really win the NFC West? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SF can they really win the NFC West?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SF can they really win the NFC West?

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 pm

They play in the NFC so there is a chance. There are a bunch of crappy teams in this conference and if the 9ers can start to play better while enough others continue to stumble it could happen.
More likely, though, that the C-Hacks get their wheels underneath them and take the division. They just have better experience at the skill positions and say what you will-the Walrus is a pretty decent coach.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 pm

To answer the question, yes, they really can win the NFC West.

With a defense that looks improved, a weak division & Frank Gore..why not.

9-7 or 10-6 will get it done.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chidoy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:01 pm

tru dat... even tho Alex smith isn't a good FF QB, he jus wins right? ;-D
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby codered7 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:54 am

They have a great shot. Defense wins championships. SEA fan is just pissed his team's defense is not as good. SF stopped ARI offense easily, while SEA got crushed. If the Bears can win the NFC with Rex Grossman(insane liability), I think SF can win the NFC West easily with a good game manager like Alex Smith. Alex Smith does not have to win games for SF, he just needs to not lose the games for SF.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby b06el » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Lucky or not lucky... we're just 2-0 and no one can deny that! :-D and all PITT fans.... c u on Sunday and see you cry over the loss we are going to hand to you....
b06el
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:30 pm

biju wrote:
danielgreen091 wrote:Yes but keep in mind that fantasy football has nothing to do with the real deal. SF is playing well right now and I think they will only get better. Their defense is allowing them to win games right now and once Alex Smith settles down and brings Jackson and especially Davis back into the game they will be my favorites to win the division. The loss of Turner hurt them but they still have a ton of talent and made some major upgrades in the off-season that are paying off now. I wouldn't worry about them too much.

Uh, no they aren't playing good, they're lucky they are 2-0 IMO. Alex Smith probably will get better as the season progresses, but right now if they keep going the way they are they aren't going to win the division.

Lucky how? Lucky that we shut down Boldin and Fitzgerald cold? Or are we lucky that we dominated St. Louis on the line and shut down SJax? Maybe it was luck that our offense came through in the clutch with 2 minutes left against Arizona. Or maybe it was luck that our defense came through in the clutch forcing St. Louis into a 55+ yard field goal late in the game.

SF
2-0 Record
2-0 Division
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby kptBALL » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:26 pm

codered7 wrote:They have a great shot. Defense wins championships. SEA fan is just pissed his team's defense is not as good. SF stopped ARI offense easily, while SEA got crushed. If the Bears can win the NFC with Rex Grossman(insane liability), I think SF can win the NFC West easily with a good game manager like Alex Smith. Alex Smith does not have to win games for SF, he just needs to not lose the games for SF.

Uhhh...Seattle got crushed???
They lost by a field goal that was suppose to be theirs but messed up the play THEMSELVES, not by getting CRUSHED by arizona...
kptBALL
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:45 pm

I'm a 49ers fan...but I'm also a realistic fan.

SF is VERY lucky to be 2-0. Yes, they are wins, but if they play any decent team they will get curb-stomped if they keep playing the way they are. The offense is not good outside of Gore. If a team stops the run and constantly pressures Smith, they aren't going to score.

They will need to get Vernon Davis involved in the game if they want to move the ball with regularity. He has 27 yards in two games. TE's are the safety valves for many teams (SD, BAL, NYG)...I honestly think that if Davis gets the ball more often, it will make the defenses think about stopping the pass along with the run.

Anyway, I'm going to be at the SF-PIT game on Sunday. I fully expect the 49ers to lose. Something like 27-6 sounds about right, but I'd sure love to be wrong. :-o

Oh, right...the actual question. It'll be Seattle or SF. I'm still not sold on my Niners, so I will need to see them beat the Seahawks before I can believe it's their year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby codered7 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

kptBALL wrote:
codered7 wrote:They have a great shot. Defense wins championships. SEA fan is just pissed his team's defense is not as good. SF stopped ARI offense easily, while SEA got crushed. If the Bears can win the NFC with Rex Grossman(insane liability), I think SF can win the NFC West easily with a good game manager like Alex Smith. Alex Smith does not have to win games for SF, he just needs to not lose the games for SF.

Uhhh...Seattle got crushed???
They lost by a field goal that was suppose to be theirs but messed up the play THEMSELVES, not by getting CRUSHED by arizona...

ummm i said their defense got crushed, they gave up plenty of points to a ari offense that did nothing against sf defense.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:56 pm

biju wrote:It's cute when the SF fans get all excited at the 2-0 start. In two more weeks you're going to be 2-2 and we'll revisit this thread, I promise.

It's cute that SF is 2-0 (2-0 division) this year. It's cute that Seattle lost to a team that we beat and are 1-1 (0-1) division. It's cute that we took both games from you guys last year. And it will also be cute when we kick your ass the next time we play you. Cheers.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk