SF can they really win the NFC West? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SF can they really win the NFC West?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: SF can they really win the NFC West?

Postby grover99 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:49 pm

biju wrote:
grover99 wrote:Now I know I am a niners homer, so my opinion might be biased. But if you are getting excited about that win, you have some problems. The niner's offense really couldn't have played any worse, and the seahawks didn't do very much on offense. I still think they(the 49ers) can win the west, but I don't think any team from the west is going to be a legit contender to win a super bowl.

Wait.

49ers fans can't have it both ways. Just two weeks ago you guys were excited about going 2-0 having just beat the St. Louis Rams. So which is it? Are you happy with any win, or is it only when your team wins because St. Louis officially does not count as a team that played you guys well. Maybe the 49ers offense was terrible because the Seahawks game plan was exactly what every non-9ers fan has been saying: stop Frank Gore from running all over you and you're probably going to win the game because San Francisco has no passing game.

And if the 49ers had won this game would you be saying nobody from the NFC West is a legitimate Superbowl contender? I doubt it. I don't blame you guys for being mad about losing today. I was mad as hell last year when you came into Seattle and beat us. But I think trivializing today's win is selling the Seahawks short. We owned you guys today, just admit it.

I admit we got our butts kicked today, but I still don't think the 'hawks are much better. Maybe they had a good gameplan, but I think there were other reasons we lost. (our OC needs to go.) BTW if we won today I would still say the west didn't have a serious contender to win the Super Bowl.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:36 pm

grover99 wrote:
biju wrote:
grover99 wrote:Now I know I am a niners homer, so my opinion might be biased. But if you are getting excited about that win, you have some problems. The niner's offense really couldn't have played any worse, and the seahawks didn't do very much on offense. I still think they(the 49ers) can win the west, but I don't think any team from the west is going to be a legit contender to win a super bowl.

Wait.

49ers fans can't have it both ways. Just two weeks ago you guys were excited about going 2-0 having just beat the St. Louis Rams. So which is it? Are you happy with any win, or is it only when your team wins because St. Louis officially does not count as a team that played you guys well. Maybe the 49ers offense was terrible because the Seahawks game plan was exactly what every non-9ers fan has been saying: stop Frank Gore from running all over you and you're probably going to win the game because San Francisco has no passing game.

And if the 49ers had won this game would you be saying nobody from the NFC West is a legitimate Superbowl contender? I doubt it. I don't blame you guys for being mad about losing today. I was mad as hell last year when you came into Seattle and beat us. But I think trivializing today's win is selling the Seahawks short. We owned you guys today, just admit it.

I admit we got our butts kicked today, but I still don't think the 'hawks are much better. Maybe they had a good gameplan, but I think there were other reasons we lost. (our OC needs to go.) BTW if we won today I would still say the west didn't have a serious contender to win the Super Bowl.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think SF lacks the talent to win this NFC West down the road. I had said before that I think the loss of Norv Turner was a huge blow to your offense and it's obviously affected the passing game. But I think we're actually agruing the same point here: the offense is barely getting it done and your two wins came against teams you should have beat. Any team with a decent rush D (or rush D gameplan in our case) and a good offense is going to beat you, as is what has happened the last two weeks.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Kensat30 wrote:It's cute that SF is 2-0 (2-0 division) this year. It's cute that Seattle lost to a team that we beat and are 1-1 (0-1) division. It's cute that we took both games from you guys last year. And it will also be cute when we kick your ass the next time we play you. Cheers.

i got a chuckle after reading this.

BTW, thanks for letting us have Julian Peterson....looks like DJAX is workin out great for you too.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby biju » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:42 pm

Wow, are 49ers fans so decimated by the loss that they can't ev en come back to this thread and talk a little smack? I was kind of hoping they would be in here in droves, but I guess that little 2-0 start put too much hope into their hearts.

:-D

p.s. - Thanks for man'ing up after the loss grover99. None of this is directed at you.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:30 pm

As much as you would want the OC to go right now in SF, it's highly probable that you're stuck with him for the year so buckle up and try to enjoy the ride O:-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Ok Seabird fans, pile it on now when our starting QB goes down within the first 3 plays of the game. I think I could sack Trent Dilfer three times in one game. The guy is basically our QB coach, not really a backup QB..

I'm gonna go ahead and GUARANTEE a win on the rematch.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:It's cute that SF is 2-0 (2-0 division) this year. It's cute that Seattle lost to a team that we beat and are 1-1 (0-1) division. It's cute that we took both games from you guys last year. And it will also be cute when we kick your ass the next time we play you. Cheers.

i got a chuckle after reading this.

BTW, thanks for letting us have Julian Peterson....looks like DJAX is workin out great for you too.

Julian Peterson ain't doing !@#! when Vernon Davis gets back.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CreepingDeath919 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Ok Seabird fans, pile it on now when our starting QB goes down within the first 3 plays of the game. I think I could sack Trent Dilfer three times in one game. The guy is basically our QB coach, not really a backup QB..

That means about as much as Joey Porter's Guarantee that his Dolphins would beat the Raiders in week 4.
CreepingDeath919
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby biju » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Ok Seabird fans, pile it on now when our starting QB goes down within the first 3 plays of the game. I think I could sack Trent Dilfer three times in one game. The guy is basically our QB coach, not really a backup QB..

Then your QB coach needs to be fired. Alex Smith had 461 passing yards through 3 games (won't count #4 even though he did start). To put that into perspective, Chad Johnson had 442 receiving yards through 3 games.

Yep. Stud Quarterback Alex Smith would have saved the day.

What would you like to put on your guarantee? I'm going to guarantee you guys don't win when you come back to Seattle no matter who you have at QB. I'll gladly go until next preseason with a paperbag plus a location of "Paperbag since ____ lost to ____" just to add to the humliation. How does that sound?

As a side note, my grandmother is available if you guys want an upgrade on Trent Dilfer. Should I give you the number so you can pass it on to the 49ers?

biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:08 pm

guarantee a win against us in Seattle???

yea, you got us last year at home, but we have nearly 6 new starters on defense as well as Alex Smith could be lost for the year.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk