Jimmy Johnson admits to videotaping signals for Dallas/KC/Mi - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Johnson admits to videotaping signals for Dallas/KC/Mi

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jimmy Johnson admits to videotaping signals for Dallas/KC/Mi

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:33 am

T Snarf you are just what people like Goodell love. Forget about the dirty crap we've done, let's move along.
My issue with this is not about the Patriots. There is no doubt this team has a great shot at a title. My issues are with the hypocracy of Goodell and the sanctity of the leauge. My more cynical, paranoid self thinks their should be an independant investigation into tampering in the NFL. Goodell is lauded by many for trying to clean up the league when he suspends a not yet proven innocent player because of his repeated off-field behavior. At my most suspicious I could state that as by behavior that might scare white America. Yet when a coach is caught redhanded for tampering with the game, cheating. Tainting every game he has coached, mind you for one of the most heralded franchises in recent years. A franchise known for having won by building a team the "right" way. Now we know part of the formula involved cheating. This guy gets a fine.....And we destroy all the evidence. That really bothers me. Makes me wonder just what it is that Goodell is hiding?
Why would a laywer, one who knows that evidence is everything, destroy it? Knowing full well that from a legal standpoint the only reason to destroy evidence would be to obstruct justice. So why? Something not right about that.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:37 am

ThunderSnarfer wrote:Pats are the team to beat this year. Not because of the scandal, but because they are the best team in the league. Im a pats fan

And in typical Pats fan's fashion, you are calling your team the best team in the NFL. It's WAY too early to make that kind of statement. For example, you are just as good as the Lions right now. Or the Packers.

Claiming yourself the "best" team in the league, is jumping the gun. Hopefully, that gets to be decided on Nov 4.

But until then, let's ignore the fact that we cheated. It's done. Let's move on. I don't plan to. You cheated and got caught. This whole deal stinks, and that's not the only time they've done it. Wanting people to move on and forget about it, cheapens the penalty. You deserve this.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:53 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:But until then, let's ignore the fact that we cheated. It's done. Let's move on. I don't plan to. You cheated and got caught. This whole deal stinks, and that's not the only time they've done it. Wanting people to move on and forget about it, cheapens the penalty. You deserve this.

Yes. There is a certain amount of penance that must be paid here. Belichick and the Patsies have paid their debt to the Commissioner, but they do have a debt still to pay to us, the fans. Having their name dragged through the mud a little bit, having to listen to jabs about their cheating ways a little bit, isn't too much to bear. I'll agree with that.

You have to admit, Pats fans, "Belicheat" kind of rolls off the tongue? :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk