Matt Schaub.....the real deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Schaub.....the real deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matt Schaub.....the real deal?

Postby danielgreen091 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Does anyone else think that Matt Schub has the potential to join the few elite quarterbacks in this league? I have been saying for the past few years that David Carr still has what it takes to be a good quarterback he just didnt have the talent round him. After seeing what Schaub is doing with this team I have to admit that I might have been wrong. He is picking up blitzes and making good throws consistantly all game. I have always been on the Schaub bandwagon after seeing him play well the past couple of preseasons but this us beyond my expectations. Falcons everywhere have to be kicking themelves watching Schaub legitimize a doubtful Texans team while all their hope rest on the shoulders of a tested but unproven Joey Harrington.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matt Schaub.....the real deal?

Postby Boyakasha » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:25 pm

I guess we'll find out next week when he doesn't have Andre around to make him look good.
Boyakasha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danielgreen091 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Its not for sure that Andre will be out next week. But if you watch th game you will see that Schaub is making smart decisions under pressure. Andre has nothing to do with that.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Boyakasha » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:41 pm

danielgreen091 wrote:Andre has nothing to do with that.

:-?
Boyakasha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jjcechva » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:42 pm

He looks good - no fantasy stud but a solid backup you can play with the right matchup. His numbers will always be better with Andre IMO.
jjcechva
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby danielgreen091 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Boyakasha wrote:
danielgreen091 wrote:Andre has nothing to do with that.

:-?

ummmmmm.......are you saying that Andre Johnson is somehow making good decsicions for Matt Schuab?
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Boyakasha » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Matt Schaub is my only QB, so I desperately want him to be the real deal; but, if you think his numbers so far have nothing to do with Andre, the 6-3 manbeast that stretches 10 yard gains into 60 yard gains and pulls down errant passes like they were thrown to him perfectly in stride...well, alright then. ;-D
Boyakasha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby danielgreen091 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Boyakasha wrote:Matt Schaub is my only QB, so I desperately want him to be the real deal; but, if you think his numbers so far have nothing to do with Andre, the 6-3 manbeast that stretches 10 yard gains into 60 yard gains and pulls down errant passes like they were thrown to him perfectly in stride...well, alright then. ;-D

Where did I say anything like that? All I said is that he is MAKING GOOD DECISIONS. Andre Johnson has nothing to do with that. Obviously Andre Johnson is helping him, just like any good reciever will improve his quarterbacks numbers. I dont think that Schuab will be a top 5 qaurterback this year. I'm only syaing that he has shown the potential in his first couple of starts to evetually become one.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Matt Schaub has looked very good as a QB this season so far. However, 2 games is WAY too early to say he should join the elite QB's in the league. Heck, even Romo isn't in the elite QB's of the league and he has done WAY more than Schaub has.

So no, not elite, but yes, I do think that he is the real deal and probably even a top 10 QB.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby southernSteeler » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:11 pm

differences between Shaub and Carr:

-Carr also had Andrei and Andrei had tons of catches, now Andrei gets the ball more in stride where he can run after the catch for those TD's that we FF players love so much. If Carr were still there, Drei would still get his catches, but yards and TD's would be down.

-Shaub is a much better leader. During Sundays game, when they went down 14 points, he went to the defense and apologized for it. Defensive players have said Carr never even talked to them. Much better leader qualities in the pocket and huddle as well.

-Shaub is cooler under pressure.

I don't know if Shaub will be top tier QB, but I do think he has the chance to become a second tier guy and as Jacoby Jones progresses so will the offense.

I picked him up as my back up, but will play him the 4th week against Atlanta, lol
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk