Buy low, or Let 'em go - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy low, or Let 'em go

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Buy low, or Let 'em go

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:51 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Larry Johnson - Buy low. You can't write him off after two games. He had limited carries against Houston, and Chicago is, well, Chicago.

If you think he's a buy low now, wait a little while longer. With the Chiefs' schedule over the next few weeks (and the struggles from Johnson it will likely inspire) you might be able to get him for a song just as said schedule eases up a bit.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Leinart threw for 299 last week. I think Fitz and Boldin should be fine. but I really like Edge in their new offense :-b now just pass more to him }:-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:56 pm

Im glad so many agree on L Evans buying low...it really depends on the manager who has these guys, some stick with their draft pick, but ive been pursuing him heavy the past few weeks...i have s. holmes and stallworth for evans now, if he says now im gonna hope NE keeps him in check, and ill go all out next week...but im shooting tough for him, i really feel like hes a guy who can give u 20 points many weeks during the season...

drew brees will pick it up as well, you guys dont really expect him to play this bad ALL year do you?

also devery henderson is a good buy low, colston isnt the fast deep threat, and when brees wants to go deep he's gonna look for him...

vincent jackson is also a buy low, rivers has been looking for him, he's gonna be an endzone threat, not many yds but a nice amount of tds
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:59 pm

alchemy wrote:Why are so many people talking about how bad KC's offence will be this year when it is basically the same team as last year? People forget that Trent Green was injured half of last year ... both Gonzo and Larry Johnson had a few massive games with Huard behind center.

In fact, among the best game last year for Huard, Johnson and Gonzo was against San Diego, as tough a defense as it gets.

It's two weeks into the season. Nobody should trade Larry Johnson.

except they had will shields....that makes a huge difference in their line.

im not saying i think LJ will be a complete bust...i think he will still end up at the bottom of the top 10 RBs, but i can see where the people are coming from that say jump ship on him. their offense looks plain horrible and their defense wont likely be keeping them in too many games.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:30 am

bobbing_headz wrote:SJax: You obviously gotta hold him but with Pace out I'm tempering expectations. If you can unload him for an Addai or Westy + someone then I'd seriously consider.

I can't recall for sure, but wasn't Pace out during Jackson's huge 2nd half last year?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 am

Free Bagel wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:SJax: You obviously gotta hold him but with Pace out I'm tempering expectations. If you can unload him for an Addai or Westy + someone then I'd seriously consider.

I can't recall for sure, but wasn't Pace out during Jackson's huge 2nd half last year?

yes, pace went down in week 6 or 7 i believe last year.

pace being injured affects bulger more than sjax imo. sjax is still a good enough runner to pick up yards, while bulger is going to get nailed more by defenses.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:09 pm

I don't really make trades in fantasy football because I find it too hard to get equal value without overhauling the whole team.

But these are the guys I'd go after, if I did. The guys that will pick it up.

Steven Jackson
Larry Johnson
Laurence Maroney
Lee Evans
Larry Fitzgerald
Donovan McNabb
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees
Kevin Jones
Roy Williams
Anquan Boldin
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:57 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:I don't really make trades in fantasy football because I find it too hard to get equal value without overhauling the whole team.

?? What kind of trades are you referring to, because i feel the exact opposite...If your an agressive trade owner such as me, its one of the easiest things to find a few good pickups who will do good for that week or short term that are available, pick them up and package them for a slumping superstar...for instance when the season started I traded Chestor Taylor and Crayton for Portis, the owner thought his knee was still bad and betts would be in the picture, so getting crayton was an added advantage for him, but he would of never sent me that offer, i try to make good pickups on my bench outside of my starters i want to keep for the year, and try to upgrade little by little...you dont have to make extravagant trades for buy low guys all the time and hope it works out, but if i can pick up a few guys available with bench spots and trade them for a buy low go im all for that, the value that im getting is too high to pass up, 3-5th rders struggling for a couple undrafted players are always worth it, because when studs are in a slump, they usually have a period where they are on fire, jus to get their average back up to par, kinda like when Chad johnson was struggling last year when he broke out he broke out in a major way
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm

I think what he is saying is in FFB, the rosters are so small, that in order to get a fair trade, you have to trade off basically half of your team.
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby danielgreen091 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:41 am

?? What kind of trades are you referring to, because i feel the exact opposite...If your an agressive trade owner such as me, its one of the easiest things to find a few good pickups who will do good for that week or short term that are available, pick them up and package them for a slumping superstar...for instance when the season started I traded Chestor Taylor and Crayton for Portis, the owner thought his knee was still bad and betts would be in the picture, so getting crayton was an added advantage for him, but he would of never sent me that offer, i try to make good pickups on my bench outside of my starters i want to keep for the year, and try to upgrade little by little...you dont have to make extravagant trades for buy low guys all the time and hope it works out, but if i can pick up a few guys available with bench spots and trade them for a buy low go im all for that, the value that im getting is too high to pass up, 3-5th rders struggling for a couple undrafted players are always worth it, because when studs are in a slump, they usually have a period where they are on fire, jus to get their average back up to par, kinda like when Chad johnson was struggling last year when he broke out he broke out in a major way

I agree with you completely. I am looking for active owners willing to trade in my new Yahoo league. I know its late but I got fed up with all my other leagues that have owners that dont ever check their teams, making it impossible to make any trades happen. If you or anyone else are interested the info is in my sig
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk