Sound off on your team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sound off on your team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sound off on your team

Postby jjcechva » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm sure everyone here knows their team much better than everyone else, so let us know whats going on fantasy-wise there!

I'm a huge Packer fan:

First off our line is clearly built to pass block. They are pretty good at that but have struggled pretty badly with run blocking.

No one is going to get 15+ carries with a healthy backfield. With all starters healthy it would probably be:

Jackson > Morency > Wynn, all getting some carries.

Morency's injuries might get him in trouble though, he was supposed to miss a few days of practice, then come back just for the opener, then it was game 2, etc. so his future is impossible to predict. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him on IR.

So it could easily end up being Jackson / Wynn splitting carries 65/35, but even that would be fantasy wasteland because the Packers offense is all short passes and spreading the ball around this year. Think Philly's offense: Jackson = Westbrook, except with about a quarter of the receptions and less speed/instincts, and Wynn = Buckhalter.

The only Packers that are going to have any value this year are Favre and Driver. Favre actually looks like he learned something in his 17 years in the NFL rather than just getting old this year - in 2 games he has been playing WAY better than the the last 3 years. I've been down on him for a few years now but I'm a huge supporter again - I'd take him as a mid/low starting QB or a great backup. Driver isn't involved nearly as much it seems, he catches some short passes and is good for PPR but touchdowns and big plays look to be few and far between.

A lot of people have forgotten about Jennings who has a lingering hamstring injury, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. He is supposed to be a big part of the gameplan, and I think he could put up big numbers this year, but that's only if his injury is completely healed. Driver is supposed to be the distraction while Jennings is supposed to make plays in single coverage.

James Jones is on a lot of fantasy teams as well, but he is our #3 receiver and won't do anything this year. People predicted he would step up when Jennings got hurt but they failed to realize that he is a rookie and they only taught him Driver's position. He plays there in 3 WR sets and Driver moves to the slot. He will be huge if Driver is out, but until that happens he belongs on the WW in non keepers.

DST and Crosby (K) are also going to be quality fantasy starters. I like our D because it will get lots of turnovers and sacks with a good pass rush and play makers in the secondary and LBs. This will set up our offense with good field position and put us in close games, which is great for Crosby. Our red zone offense still seems to struggle (I'm assuming last week's success was more the Giants fault than anything) so expect lots of field goals. Also a huge focus for our coaches was special teams (coverage and the return game), which has been a huge success against both the Giants and Eagles.
jjcechva
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sound off on your team

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:28 pm

KC Chiefs....stay away!

If you have LJ see if anyone is still willing to give up a top 5 back for him and take it. If someone is willing to give up a #6-15 back take a look at who it is and heavily consider it.

Everyone else on the Chiefs is a lost cause!

Please note: this isn't a whinny, pessimistic look at my home team that is terrible.....its just the truth! :-)
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 pm

i live in boston.

pats air attack is great. brady and moss are gonna put up points every week, and welker puts up decent stats for yardage leagues, and for ppr he's even better.

i'm scared to start maroney as an rb2. he has the ability to break off long runs for touchdowns, but this is the second time he was taken out for someone else for a goal line touchdown. i'd still start maroney vs good match ups, like the bills this week, but if you can trade him for another rb i would seriously think about it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 pm

Chicago:

DEF is great once again. They've had a couple of injuries already [Mike Brown [S] out for the year and Dusty Dvoracek [DL] out for the year] but they have the reserves to continue to be one of the league's premier defensive units.

Grossman... He's still hit or miss. As a Bear fan, I can see his flashes of brilliance and he does have the physical skills to be great. However, he makes stupid mistakes like muffing snaps and throwing to guys in the wrong uniforms.

Benson... Week one was a disaster. Week two was somewhat better. Jury is still out. Someone in Bears management wants him to be a star so he will have the opportunities.

WRs... Berrian is marginal talent. The rest aren't worth picking up.

K... Robbie Gould gets the job done when given the chance. If the rest of the Offense would get going, he would score some points. For now, Bears just aren't scoring Offensively.

Hester... Hit or miss. He might break away for a TD and he might not. His WR abilities aren't great.

Greg Olsen... He will eventually be the Bears #1 TE but he's still nursing an injury and is a rookie with very little experience. Maybe he'll be worth a look later in the season.

Other points... Bears Offensive line is having problems protecting Grossman and opening holes. They seem to me to be the main problem the Bears have at this time. Grossman is rushed and makes mistakes. Benson doesn't have big holes to run into. The line needs to improve for the Offense to work.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk