Shaun McDonald. Who? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun McDonald. Who?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shaun McDonald. Who?

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:52 am

mystykoekaki wrote:yep, I pounced on him after the TD in week 3. he is the new det furrey. also helps that you already know the off coor from a different team. solid sleeper.

That was my thought after seeing him in the exhibition season: he is going to take over Furrey's role. McDonald is a much better route runner, running at speed and is better suited than Furrey for Martz system. In PPR leagues this guy could be one of the year's best WW pick-ups.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:10 am

McDonald and Curtis are the reason St. Louis is sucking @$$ this year. Individually their numbers weren't impressive, but they were important weapons for Bulger. St. Louis really should've given Curtis the #2 WR role and parted ways with 14-year-veteran Isaac Bruce. They've developed one of the best wide receivers in the league, only to let him go to another team. Brilliant! McDonald likewise is a much better player than his depth position indicates. Bulger loses his 3rd and 4th receivers (not his stars) and now he can't do anything. I guess you can see that the organization doesn't care enough about winning, unlike the Pats who went out and built a WR Dream Team for Brady.

And now SJax is out ...
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:06 pm

The Bears may not have a single starting corner this weekend. Vasher is definitely out, and Tillman may not be playing either. Then you add the fact that Archuleta can not cover the pass, Mike Brown on IR... this might as well be the REAL Lions playing against the "we wish we still had as much of a team as the Lions."

And I HATE the Lions. But this is going to be a CAKEWALK to pick through. Expect Kitna to be sacked another 30 times in this game, because the only defense the Bears will have against the pass is going to be getting to the QB and getting him out of the game (in one form or another.)

Most importantly, if you were thinking of starting the Bears D... have your head examined. McDonald 80, 1 td. Williams 140, 1 td. Furrey 120. That's my prediction. :) I'm sticking with it.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:34 pm

With Colston on bye, I'm going to have to decide between McDonald and Darrell Jackson. The disarray of the Bears D is making this decision tough. I agree that Detroit may have a huge passing day, especially their #3 and #4 receivers who will be covered by Virginia McKaskey or someone far down on the depth chart.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Flyn high again wrote:With Colston on bye, I'm going to have to decide between McDonald and Darrell Jackson. The disarray of the Bears D is making this decision tough. I agree that Detroit may have a huge passing day, especially their #3 and #4 receivers who will be covered by Virginia McKaskey or someone far down on the depth chart.

Jackson has virtually been a no-show, and now he's playing injured after missing a couple of practices.

McDonald looks pretty damned good, between the bears having no DBs left and Jackson unlikely to put up more than the 60 or so yards he's been getting.

McDonald all the way this week.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:45 pm

DraftDodger wrote:
Jackson has virtually been a no-show, and now he's playing injured after missing a couple of practices.

McDonald looks pretty damned good, between the bears having no DBs left and Jackson unlikely to put up more than the 60 or so yards he's been getting.

McDonald all the way this week.

I can see the logic. The Bears have no starting DBs, one starting S out for the year, one starting LB out and a couple starting D Linemen including Tommie Harris out. Plus, even with their starters in, they don't play the pass as well as they play the run. Not to mention the fact that Calvin Johnson is dinged up, too, which means McDonald should get more looks. I just hate playing guys who are going up against the Bears. I couldn't decide whether to cheer or boo last week when MB3 won the week for me by running all over my beloved Bears. Conflict of interest, indeed.

I will probably end up playing McDonald. Thanks for the advice. ;-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:46 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:Kevin Jones will be back soon which means that Detroit will be able to run the ball more.

I highly doubt they run the ball any more then they have been, remember that Mike Martz is the coach of the Lions.

Plus it's not like Kevin Jones is that special of a running back anyhow. He's a solid #4 rb
I still believe Tatum Bell may end up with the starting job, let's not forget Bells played 2 tough run defences the past 2 weeks.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby a4ce » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I like McDonald's stats and his offense. With CJ's aching back, I think he should be able to put up around the same numbers. Would you say he is in the same tier as a Bowe, Roddy White, or Mason?
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:26 pm

a4ce wrote:I like McDonald's stats and his offense. With CJ's aching back, I think he should be able to put up around the same numbers. Would you say he is in the same tier as a Bowe, Roddy White, or Mason?

I think they're all in different situations. Bowe and White could be the victims of their teams imploding. Both of their teams have often been hurting for WR targets in the past, and this year you can probably add QB woes into the mix. On the other hand, since there's no one else to throw the ball to, they both have a lot of upside.

Mason is the #1 WR on a team that likes to run and make dump passes. He should be a steady target but a lucky coin flip for a TD.

McDonald's situation is totally different. He's down the depth chart on a pass-happy offense. When there's plenty of ball to go around, he'll join in the feast. He may completely disappear some weeks. Watch for the matchups.

Right now I like Bowe and McDonald out of those four. Atlanta is nearing implosion, and Mason just doesn't have much upside in that offense.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:Plus it's not like Kevin Jones is that special of a running back anyhow. He's a solid #4 rb

Uh... a healthy KJ is one of the best possible RBs in a PPR. Over 1200 all purpose yds in 12 games last year. And that's with last year's BLEH Detroit offense. Solid #4? Once he's healthy and up to speed, you'll see Tatum for about 10% of the carries. You're going to see KJ get huge games as a receiver, and he will be used as a goal line option. KJ's a good #2 in standard this year. A great #1 in PPR last year.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk