0-3 = Almost kiss the playoffs goodbye? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

0-3 = Almost kiss the playoffs goodbye?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 0-3 = Almost kiss the playoffs goodbye?

Postby bungle613 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:17 am

In my dynasty league, we have 6 teams make the playoffs. I started 0-1 finished 11-2. 3rd place started 0-4 finished 8-5. 6th place started 0-3 finished 7-6.

Half our playoff teams had mediocre to really bad starts.

I will agree that it is more likely you won't but it is not impossilbe or even highly unlikely.

I am now used to owning LT and I think at least a couple other top tier RB's consistently have slow starts. THis year I am 0-2 so far. Week 1, 2nd highest score, lost to the high scorer for the week. LAst week, was a bad week for me anyways but essentially lost to Palmer and his 6 td's. I have been favoured in both games by a wide margin. I expect to have double digit wins this year as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:57 am

I usually make a decision by week 4. If you are 0-4 or even 1-3 and you are in the bottom four of scoring totals in your league you can safely assume there is somehting very wrong with your team. You now will need tons of luck and some hard work to turn things around. Working the wire and making some savy trades are the only way you can salvage the season. Sadly, in most cases a lack of said savy is why a team is doing so poorly to begin with.
Still there are many things to learn as the season goes along, both about your leaguemates and about yourself.
Good Luck. I fear I will be facing a similar challenge in one of my leagues.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Two years ago I started 0-2 and ended up winning the whole thing.

This year I am 0-2 again, but have the 3rd highest overall point total. While I am concerned, I still think I have a very good chance at making the playoffs.

Keep your head up dude, and do your best. ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby hoop » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am

Last year I started 1-4. Almost wrote off the season but its a competitive moneyleague so I decided I would play spoiler. I somehow squeezed into the playoffs and, riding Frank Gore and Tiki, beat the team with LT that was stomping everyone in the league to win the championship. A lot of luck was involved (i needed to win the final week before the playoffs, and needed one guy to lose) but it's very possible to win still.
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:21 am

I can't remember if I was 0-3 last year but I was pretty bad and barely squeaked into the playoffs. It took some amazing scenario of me winning by a certain amount of points and like 3-4 other teams losing and only scoring a certain amount. Anyways, I ended up winning the playoffs from the 8 spot. Really, your record doesn't matter in the season. In a league where 8 teams make the playoffs it's pretty easy to suck and still make it. Even 6 playoff teams, all you gotta do is be close to or a game better than .500 and you're probably in. And once you're in then it's a new game.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danielgreen091 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01 pm

As long as there is some way for you to make it into the playoffs then nothing is impossible. I wouldnt panic until I was 0-4.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk