Postby veducci » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:54 pm

What is MBIII worth next year... will he be worth a keeper for next year
veducci
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Barber III

Postby biju » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:04 pm

I believe Julius Jones is in a contract year. Guessing by what he's done in Dallas I either expect them to try to sign him for a small contract or not re-sign him at all. My guess is that he tests free agency after this year, which would make Marion Barber a pretty good candidate for next year IMO.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 pm

He's got the potential to be a solid keeper option, but with Cleveland's 1st round pick Dallas might be in a position to draft McFadden and keep Barber in his current role and that might be pretty tempting. That's speculation but it's possible as they have a some flexibility to take the best player available with 2 first round picks.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danielgreen091 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:04 pm

It is way too early to answer that question.....but its a very good possibility.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm

post your roster if you want more help.

depending on who you have barber could be worth a keeper.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 pm

Yes Barber is very much worth a keeper flier...JJ will be the one to hit the FA market, he doesnt really fit out style of offense, he probably needs to run behind a fullback, he has no vision and needs a hole to get some yardage...

as far as next year, yes we could draft mcfadden and keep barber in the same role, or we could take slaton/stewart/rice and let barber get 20 carries as the starter....either way, his production wont take a hit, and i think us taking mcfadden is just a pretty idea right now, no substance....flozell is probably gone so jake long makes more sense, lets not forget about kenny phillips, or a CB which is a huge need...we dont need a RB in the top 10 so im not banking on us taking one

im not in a keeper league but the last 2 years ive made sure i get barber early and keep him the entire year, i reject damn near every trade i see sent for him
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby B-eAsy510 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Im in a keeper league and kept Barber for a 10th rd pick this year. He is obviously the better back and I think JJ is gone after this year (maybe this year if Dallas was smart) I can't wait to see MB as a starter. He would definatly be a top 10 back with potential to slide into the top 5 if Dallas retains most of the offense next year.
B-eAsy510
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 am

From: http://www.fantasyfootball.com/articles/free/index.html?article_id=14350

Impact Player Report: RB Marion Barber
July 14, 2008 7:00 AM
Jeff Williamson, Premium Contributor

Average Staff Ranking: 4.33 (non-PPR); 6.00 (PPR)
Average Draft Position: 8.10
2008 Stat Projection: 1,356 yds rush, 10 TDs; 38 receptions, 250 yards, 2 TDs

Despite the fact that he was clearly the best running back on the team, Marion Barber didn’t officially start a single game during the 2007 regular season, taking a backseat to Julius Jones. With Julius leaving for Seattle, Barber finds himself with the unquestioned starting job in Big D and with his ability, and an opportunity, Barber has stepped into the first round of most fantasy drafts.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am

I disagree with this sentiment:

The Cowboys will be looking for Barber to carry the rock 300-325 times next season; a 59% increase over last season.

I don't know why he said that because it couldn't be further from the truth, Barber won't come anywhere near 320 carries, I would set his bar more around 250 as the high point, but JJ isn't trying to turn Barber into some 300 carry workhorse type back...Felix will get quite a bit of carries, and it will still be a RBBC the same as last year, only difference is we will see Barber start the games now...Barber would have to have quite a few 30 carry games to reach 300+ carries and I surely don't expect to see that coming nor do I think Garrett wants to run his offense like that.

I've read in quite a few places people think the Cowboys want to be more of a grind it out team and run the ball alot more, and I believe Garrett likes to set up the run with the pass, and once Romo gets going the running lanes are wide open...I am expecting Barber to have around 225 carries, and Felix Jones around 150.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm

I really see Barber's role returning to his 2006 RBBC days with JJ. I think Felix will be the RB between the 20s/30s, with Barber coming in for short yardage and goal line stuff, and taking a lot of TDs to the house.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk