Barber III - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Barber III

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Barber III

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

knapplc wrote:I really see Barber's role returning to his 2006 RBBC days with JJ. I think Felix will be the RB between the 20s/30s, with Barber coming in for short yardage and goal line stuff, and taking a lot of TDs to the house.

I have to agree. I see him getting more carries than previous years, but not by a ton. He will get more opportunities, but you also have to consider that Felix Jones has great hands and from what I hear appears to be a good blocker early in camp (you can't really tell until gametime situations). If that's the case, he could miss out on some third down situations. I would see him as an amazingly similar role except for more carries in the middle of the field and maybe a few less opportunities on passing downs.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Marion has a nose for the endzone. Even if he sees the same amount of touches as he did last year, not like the dude won't perform. Last year he was the 7th best RB or something like that and he didn't even break 1000 yards. If there's concern with taking him with pick 6 or 7, I understand it, but if it's the end of the 1st and his dreads are staring you in the face you gotta take him.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Marion has a nose for the endzone. Even if he sees the same amount of touches as he did last year, not like the dude won't perform. Last year he was the 7th best RB or something like that and he didn't even break 1000 yards. If there's concern with taking him with pick 6 or 7, I understand it, but if it's the end of the 1st and his dreads are staring you in the face you gotta take him.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I think his ADP is right on around 8 or even a bit low. I would seriously consider him anywhere above 6. I think he will get over 1000 yards and then some this season as well as at least holding his TD numbers if not increasing them slightly.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:24 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:I really see Barber's role returning to his 2006 RBBC days with JJ. I think Felix will be the RB between the 20s/30s, with Barber coming in for short yardage and goal line stuff, and taking a lot of TDs to the house.

I have to agree. I see him getting more carries than previous years, but not by a ton. He will get more opportunities, but you also have to consider that Felix Jones has great hands and from what I hear appears to be a good blocker early in camp (you can't really tell until gametime situations). If that's the case, he could miss out on some third down situations. I would see him as an amazingly similar role except for more carries in the middle of the field and maybe a few less opportunities on passing downs.

That's how I think Dallas wants it and as a Barber fan thats how I would prefer it, people give him alot of flack for not being a true "feature back" or somebody to carry the load, but I don't want him to get 30 carries a year and his career be over in 2 years, I think we will see alot of him in the 4th quarter and late in games again, and making sure to utilize Felix Jones and keeping Barber fresh...I expect him to crack 1000 this year but his TD totals should be similiar to 2006, but he really gets a boost in PPR leagues because he can pull in 40-50 receptions and still get his rushing TD's.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm

I just had to make this decision in a cafe league picking 6th and I grabbed Portis for the reasons listed above. I agree with the above but not the 300-325 carries. They didn't even say where they got that info.

I like him 7th or 8th this year. I think he does similar to what he did last year with over 1000 and about the same td's give or take a few.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Football Talk