VERY Questionable trade in big $$ league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

VERY Questionable trade in big $$ league

Moderator: Football Moderators

VERY Questionable trade in big $$ league

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:37 pm

the commish set it so he had to approve all trades, now some idiot wants to trade him LT for Steve Smith and Warrick Dunn....and I'm about to go loco, what should I do....I can hardly think straight I'm so mad. :-t :-t :-t
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: VERY Questionable trade in big $$ league

Postby dgan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Why are you in a big money league with idiots? Sorry, but this one is your own fault if you agreed to these rules and don't know/trust the Commish...

I don't know how you can argue this trade. LT has done pretty much nothing so far. SS is the #1 WR in any league. And Dunn, while nothing special on a bad team, is the starter. Norwood doesn't look like he's going to press for that job anytime soon.

Sure, based on the NAMES and by what most of us THINK will happen, you'd be an absolute moron to give up LT. But if this guy honestly thinks LT's woes will continue and isn't allowed to trade him, then why is HE paying the big $$ to be in that league. Remember Priest Holmes? Marshall Faulk? There is good list of guys who were top fantasy prospects who were injured or whatever the next year and hung a lot of fantasy owners out to dry.

Unless you have a better reason to think there is collusion here, I don't see how you have an argument. Guys are free to make trades for their teams that they are paying for, even if you think it is stupid. You can't legislate stupidity...only cheating. So go ahead and dig and pry and see if you think they are cheating...otherwise, find another league next year.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Cards24 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:03 pm

dgan wrote:Why are you in a big money league with idiots? Sorry, but this one is your own fault if you agreed to these rules and don't know/trust the Commish...

I don't know how you can argue this trade. LT has done pretty much nothing so far. SS is the #1 WR in any league. And Dunn, while nothing special on a bad team, is the starter. Norwood doesn't look like he's going to press for that job anytime soon.

Sure, based on the NAMES and by what most of us THINK will happen, you'd be an absolute moron to give up LT. But if this guy honestly thinks LT's woes will continue and isn't allowed to trade him, then why is HE paying the big $$ to be in that league. Remember Priest Holmes? Marshall Faulk? There is good list of guys who were top fantasy prospects who were injured or whatever the next year and hung a lot of fantasy owners out to dry.

Unless you have a better reason to think there is collusion here, I don't see how you have an argument. Guys are free to make trades for their teams that they are paying for, even if you think it is stupid. You can't legislate stupidity...only cheating. So go ahead and dig and pry and see if you think they are cheating...otherwise, find another league next year.

What he said... Well said! ;-D

You have no argument and as a commish you have to approve. There could be more to the story. The guy giving LT might have Delhomme (double points every week), point system, etc. In all reality though, even not knowing the details, you cannot argue this one. If you do, you will fall in the trap were ANY LT trade no matter what will seem fishy.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:46 pm

it's just so one-sided, if it goes through, the guy has Sjax and LT, he'll be virtually unbeatable...and that puts the other guy with Reggie Bush and Warrick Dunn, and Clinton Portis, I just don't see why this guy would trade LT, I just can't fathom it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:20 pm

Consider this text from an article by Bill Davies and Bill DeSimone at Footballguys:

Don't forget that because both parties are getting something in each trade, usually both parties feel they got the better end of the deal. It's how and why trades happen. That's why it is a lot of work to veto trades and it should be. It should keep at least one owner up nights if the issue comes up. It takes more than one trade to win a Fantasy Bowl title. But it can take one poor use of a veto to ruin what would otherwise be a good league.

Absent evidence of collusion on the part of the two owners, one has to presume that any owner in a big money league would not make a trade he felt was massively detrimental to his team, regardless of your opinions on the subject. The guy giving up LT may be misinformed and just plain wrong, but if SJax and LT continue to sputter for a few more weeks, which owner will be the fool? I know several LT owners that are sitting at 0-2 right now trying to figure out if they can recover and make the playoffs.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:24 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:it's just so one-sided, if it goes through, the guy has Sjax and LT, he'll be virtually unbeatable...and that puts the other guy with Reggie Bush and Warrick Dunn, and Clinton Portis, I just don't see why this guy would trade LT, I just can't fathom it.

Having SJax and LT makes you virtually unbeatable?

Someone tell the league where I own both of them and am 0-2 that, I think they didn't get the message :-o
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Commissioner's Corner