Next Wonder Kicker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Next Wonder Kicker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Next Wonder Kicker

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:18 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I like Folk and Crosby too. I'd like Crosby a little more if he wasn't going to be playing in Lambeau in November/December. That's why I like Folk but both should be good options ;D

I was on the fence with the two, and went with Folk because of that very reason.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Jason Hanson will have a great year for sure.

Crosby should have a good year b/c Green Bay can't run the ball and apparently Crosby has looked very good so far.

Reed could have a better year because it looks like the Steelers are passing a lot more in the red zone.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:49 pm

LOL its funny that the consesus two kickers are the two i had, i had crosby the past 2 weeks, i moved onto Folk this past monday....my outlook is this: Crosby will probably get more opportunities to kick fg's with stalled drives then Folk will, Green Bay wont punch it in as many times as dallas will with barber, witten, TO, romo etc...but with that being said, all those weapons will get dallas into fg position and extra point attempts then crosby will...

I think Folk is an excellent play this week if he's available, the bears should be stingy around the redzone, but dallas has enough offense to get inside the 30 numerous times, i can see at least three fg's from him...i dropped crosby for him because i refuse to keep 2 kickers, even if both play well its not like i can trade a K for a skill position...i think folk is the man to go with, strong leg, lots of chances, and worst case when dallas is scoring 30+ points a game your almost guaranteed a decent amount of points from him
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Zhangman1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 pm

Aside from Crosby and Folk, I think Hanson will have a good year in Det.

Whats everyone think about Reed or Tynes? I believe they're also pretty high up on the points list.
Zhangman1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Zhangman1 wrote:I had Racker 2 years ago, Gould last year....who's the breakout Kicker this year?

Right now my money is on either Folk of Dallas or Crosby of GB.

Anyone have their 2 cents?

I also picked up those 2 K studs in past 2 seasons off WW. Yesterday I dumped OlinDOH Mare for the rookie Cowboy kicker. This is about the time to grab the kicker diamonds in the rough. I'm loaded with Cowboys (Romo, TO, JJ), and Folk should have a very solid year in that offense. ;-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:00 pm

With the way the Eagles offense is working right now (picking up yardage but struggling to score) David Akers could be primed to be a very busy man in the coming weeks.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Zhangman1 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 pm

this topic is proof positive that you're a moron for drafting vinitarri, rackers, or gould in early rounds
Zhangman1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:38 pm

I still see that every year and wonder what they are taking...picking kickers in the 10th rd, or 11th rd when valuable players are still on the board...half the time, the best kickers are available in the WW at some point during the first few weeks...after about week 4 is when you figure out who are the solid kickers and going to stick around...some people are still taking rackers and gould super early every year
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Popcynical » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 am

LS2throwed wrote:I still see that every year and wonder what they are taking...picking kickers in the 10th rd, or 11th rd when valuable players are still on the board...half the time, the best kickers are available in the WW at some point during the first few weeks...after about week 4 is when you figure out who are the solid kickers and going to stick around...some people are still taking rackers and gould super early every year

Do you mean this year? Whoever took him super early last year must be clairvoyant.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rippz » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:59 am

Im going with Suisham from Washington.
rippz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader