I know it's late... to quote Bob Seger... I need a league! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

I know it's late... to quote Bob Seger... I need a league!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I know it's late... to quote Bob Seger... I need a league!

Postby koffeeboy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:04 pm

I just quit my main FF league when they allowed a trade, basically to not alienate anyone!

So I need a league. Does anyone have any openings? What about waiting lists for 2004?

I would like a fairly inexpensive and/or free league (not a yahoo one tho). A keeper league perferably.

Email me at mailto:benwilson@att.net, and I will send you my resume.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:54 pm

My league this year is full and it is a keeper league, but I would like to start one next year. I don't need a resume, I am a first year ffler, so if I can join, anybody can except for an idiot. The site I use is http://www.myfantasyleague.com I didn't make the league I am in, but I didn't have to pay, so I think that site is free. I don't really want to be a commish, since this is my first year. If interested let me know, but you don't have to.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:57 pm

hey zimm id be interested when the time comes around
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:59 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:hey zimm id be interested when the time comes around

Cool, if we can get more people, but we have plenty of time for that.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:14 pm

hey guys, i am a second year FF player, and i am in a 8 team league with ppl that i know personally, and have been kinda scarred to join a league with random folks, or whoever, because of collusion or dead teams........but i would like to get to know you guys more, cause id like to join in on a second league next year with some of you guys.......wether it be a free or pay league...im not against paying 10/20 bucks to join a league.

Brad The Impaler......out
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:28 pm

Brad, I would be willing to get to know you. I would like to be in another league. I am in only 1 and that is with people I all know, but the 1 person I don't know personally is a pain in the butt. He is really hard to get a hold of, so there are never any trades made with him. As to the collusion thing, I hate people who do that. I have made a post on here about an expansion, and whether I should do something cheap, I was joking, I don't see the point in cheating. I don't feel like I really won anything if I cheated, but that is just how I feel. The site I listed up ^ there is pretty nice, and we set our scoring rules, and waivers and all the rules, and it is free. If there is a site that you like better, that's fine, but this one is free. Get back to me...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:46 pm

hey zimm
wow, i figured yahoo was the last free site, so thats cool. weird part is that i havent really remembered ppl's usernames, as much as i have remembered thier avatars, and signatures....ha. :-b :-b
also i usually post, and reply, but dont have too much banter with anyone here.....im kind of a hermit in social situations, so i havent really gotten to know anyone here...but if your ever in iowa and need a good plumber....im the dood to call.

i think tho that a fantasy football cafe league somewhere online would definately rock. im not interested in being in a sh*t load of leagues, but a second league would be fun, and its something that i know i could still dedicate proper time and energy into.
also i tried an nfl.com league last season, and i really liked the divisions set-up. that was kinda cool, as opposed to my league where were ranked 1-8

and how those guys manage 4/5/6 teams is beyond me.
last year since i was a rookie and we played at sandbox.com i was able to join in on some extra leagues around the middle of the season, but those didnt hardly matter to me compared to my main league......i guess it was just knowing my opponents in my main league that makes it sooo fun. each week i battle a guy i hangout with, and we get to talk smack all week long.

well anyways, count me in the ff round up for another league sometime.

Brad
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:56 pm

Alright man. I don't think I will be in Iowa any time soon. I am in South Carolina and was born and raised in Minnesota. I am kind of like you with people's names, I just look at their avs, but when they have the same one it is hard to remember. I have never been in any more leagues than the one I am in now. I am a first year player. I may agree with you about knowin the people in my league, but at least we have a way of talking.

How much is an NFL.com league? I don't want to spend too much.

Later
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:49 pm

What are some cheap/free keepers leagues? I'm trying to find one of next year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby altproject » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:51 pm

which reminds me...

i'm in the process of forming a new keeper league for next season. plans are for it to be 16 teams -- as highly competitive as possible. i'm running a 20-team league this year (non-keeper) and am going to bring 8-10 of the best owners from this league in on the keeper league next year. i'd like to find 5-6 others (maybe from this board) that are interested.

don't have the details down yet -- but it's not going to be a free league, although all the money will go back to the winners. if you're interested, post back here. been playing about 9 seasons now. would like to have others in the league that have some experience.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant