I know it's late... to quote Bob Seger... I need a league! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

I know it's late... to quote Bob Seger... I need a league!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:33 am

Wesley Walker wrote:Keeper league for 2004? I'd love to get in on that....if there is room for me. Otherwise, I'll let you all know if I'm creating my own keeper league for next year. Either way. Or both ways.

You guys are the kind of people I've been wanting to get into a league with, because you know and because you care.

Alright Wes, we'll write your name down. Zimm, we're gonna have to find a way to narrow all these "applications" down to 10 or 12.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:30 pm

I've checked out that myfantasyleague.com site and it looks cool. Problem is, I use Mac and therefore may have to pay for the otherwise-free software to setup and manage a league with them.

The other problem is, Yahoo can't facilitate keeper leagues, not that I know of anyway.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:31 pm

I was wrong, myfantasyleague is not free. The reason I thought it was is that my commish paid the cost instead since almost all the people in the league are new. I don't think it matters if you are on a site that can do a keeper league. We can just set the rules for the league and when the year is over make a new league and I think there is a way as the commish to make players already on a team. We don't have to wrry about it now, we are a year away. We will have to find a way to make a smaller league. I don't want to be in a 32 team league. We could make a couple leagues instead. We can talk to the mods and see if they could give us our own forum. We can figure it all out in the offseason.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:56 pm

I only want one thing from whatever league I play in next year and that is interested, involved active owners that don't go crying to the Commish because they think an agreed upon trade gives a player an advantage over the rest of the league even though there is no collusion involved.

If there ends up being too many people wanting to play next year to fit into one league, then we can split up into multiple leagues. I have no problem with that as long as the above holds true throughout the season.

I've never played via a pay to play FFL site, but I'd think it would seriously decrease the amount of fly by night type players if everyone had to pay $$$ to play. Any comments on that from those playing in those type of leagues?
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:42 pm

You can do keeper leagues on Yahoo for free. You do a live draft the first year. And then after that year, you pick however many keepers. We then do a offline draft, e-mailing all of our picks to each other and we, of course, remove all of the keepers from the draft.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NoLight81 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:49 pm

ok... this is my first year playing FF and i would love to get in on a Keeper League for next year... the deadbeats i play with in yahoo dont pay attention to trades and stuff so id love to get in on a free keeper league with experianced guys...

i only read the first page of replys so if i am repeating something or w/e it is... sorry! lol... message me or w/e about this,thanx!!
- NoLight -
NoLight81
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NoLight81 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:14 pm

ok just read the rest of the posts.... so basically i'll do like the rest and wait to see what happens with this ;-D
- NoLight -
NoLight81
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:56 pm

i read everything before posting but just wanted to make sure my name was down ;).

this is my first year playing fantasy football and am in one league with people from work. I have learned quite a lot (like not drafting a QB in rd3) But I dont know too much about keeper leagues. I thought I read a rule about certain players hold certain rounds determined at the beginning of the season or something. Like since D.Davis probably wasn't drafted by many, he wouldn't take but a very low draft spot (RD 10 or something) but like Ricky Williams would cost you a rd1 or rd2 selection if you decided to keep him for next season.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Im up for it.

Postby nebbie2004 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:46 pm

I have been playing on Yahoo Fantasy Football for the past two years. For Keeper leagues, you need to have an Yahoo GROUP to faciliate it. First year, have an live or Message board draft, Year after that, have the keeper put in Quere at beginning of live draft or have another message board draft and submit by Commissineer in Offline draft. Once again, YAHOO is the last free fantasy league hosting service left. I be up for it if this league was ran by yahoo. Peace out and let's go in 2004!
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mikcou » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:22 am

if it is free and there is still space then i will play.
mikcou
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds