Should I drop Reggie Brown-WR/Phi???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I drop Reggie Brown-WR/Phi????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I drop Reggie Brown-WR/Phi????

Postby Decleater » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:06 pm

For, Brandon Marshall-WR/Den or Ronald Curry-WR/Oak? Standard 1-pt per 20 yards rush/receive, 6-pts per TD. That Eagles offense is downright "offensive." Doesn't seem like McNabb has a connection with any of his receivers except Avant. Who the heck is that? Gimme something to go on!

*MOVED POST!*
Last edited by Decleater on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I drop Reggie Brown-WR/Phi????

Postby Warpigs » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:31 pm

I wouldn't drop Reggie right now if I were you. At least hold onto him long enough to get some trade value for him (like one decent start). The whole Eagles passing game is struggling now -- it's not like he was dropped out of the top job or anything. The Eagles will get it going starting this week against Detroit and you'll be kicking yourself for dropping Brown.

On a side note, if Brown has a respectable game, I would try to deal him -- preferrably to some Eagles wacko fan in your league.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Decleater » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Yeah, but I'm looking at the rest of the near schedule and both Marshall and Curry have some real nice matchups. Hell, if McNabb and company can't get it done at home against Washington, when are they? Oh, btw, posted this in the wrong forum....gonna move it. My bad.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:40 pm

Brown is doing pretty bad and I doubt he's ever better than a decent WR3. That being said, I wouldn't drop him unless someone great is sitting on waiver. You can likely get some value if you trade him, I'm sure there's gotta be one person who is still overrating him.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Decleater » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:46 pm

See, that's the problem, there's not one person high on the Eagles around here. This is Packer and Viking country. It's terrible, I know! LOL! So, I'm lookin at Curry and Marshall still out there that are lookin a helluvalot better than he is at this point! Just looking to upgrade my team where I can.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Brown is a WR1 on his team. I wouldn't dump him this early in the season. Bench, yes. Dump, no.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:42 am

misconception. Brown isn't a one. The eagles don't really think like that. They go with x, y, z with each receiver having a specific role. That's in contrast to some other teams where they have a one, and they put that one in specific situations to get them the ball.

I like reggie, and all signs pointed going into the season of him taking another leap. You gotta have your doubts for a bit (although Lions and Giants can get them on course). Plus, you can't drop someone with that perceived value. He is going to get picked up from the wire if you drop him.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slowride » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 am

Brandon Marshall shouldn't be on the waiver wire period.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:29 am

Neither should Reggie Brown.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:23 pm

I'd look to add Marshall, but I wouldn't drop Brown to do it. That said, I'm giving him one more chance this week against Detroit (in a league where I don't have much choice but to), and if he stinks it up again his a** is going to be stapled to my bench.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk