Cheap move or brilliant tactic??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheap move or brilliant tactic???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheap move or brilliant tactic???

Postby Max Power » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:22 pm

So as some of you already know, I really messed up a draft of mine early in the year. We drafted the weekend of the first pre season games. I went RB stupid in the draft mainly due to the fact that most teams still had 4 preseason games to go at that point and I didnt want to lose a back before the games counted. Plus I figured I could move these backs if other owners lost stud Rbs.

I am 0-2 now. 12 team league and I have the 3rd most points. Go figure. My WR3 & TE have combined for a total of 6.50 points over two weeks. So I know my weak links. I play another 0-3 team this week, who frankly probably has a better team then I do. I can not go 0-3.

Posted a message on the league board that I was ready to take a value loss on any of my backs for a decent WR & TE. I swear the league is boycotting me right now due to prior success. Sent out about a dozen trade offers, and no bites. Everything offered was crap.

I am somewhat upset with the league right now. All former co-workers. No trades in the league yet. 6 weeks in mind you. I am just not having fun.

So as is, It doesnt look good for my team to win it all. So now my idea/only real option is to take a mad loss on a first round pick. Addai. The guy who has the most WR talent is in first & the points leader by far. Talked to him for a bit tonight to try and work something out. The best offer I am getting is Wayne for Addai strait up. Giving him by far the best team in the league.

His roster would look like this

QB- Big Ben
RB- Addai
RB- Henry
WR - S.Smith
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Braylon Edwards
TE - LJ SMith

He rotates Kickers and D

and would still have A. Peterson (min), Santonio holmes, Norwood, D. Ward on the bench.

My roster would then look like
QB-Romo
RB - McGahee
RB - T. Jones
WR- Wayne
WR - Driver
WR - Burress
TE - Scaife

I think this team would give me a more legit chance to win. But I still dont like getting so little for addai.

The issue that comes into play is that I know the League members would Veto this trade. That is just how my league work. And I kind of hope they do. Maybe this way I can get people to try and outbid his offer.

I am under the impression that people dont want to work out a deal because they know I am slightly hard up right now and are looking for a great deal... But if I give that deal to the best team, I might be limiting myself to a second place finish, but also could actually get the trade winds I am looking for swirling.

SUMMARY for anyone who didnt read this.... Take a vetoable trade (best offer as of yet) and make the case that no one offered anything as good as my reason to accept in hopes of getting a better deal

What do you guys think of this? I dont want to come off as a a quiter or suspect owner, but im in a corner here.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cheap move or brilliant tactic???

Postby dgan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:28 pm

I wouldn't do it. Too early to panic. The difference between Addai and T. Jones is how many points? The difference between Wayne and whomever your starting is how many points? While it might appear to be a marginal improvement in your overall score, Wayne is going to have some bad games. Meanwhile, Addai looks like a good bet to be a top 5 fantasy scorer.

I think I gave you this advice before, but your RBs are good enough to overcome your weakness at WR. At least until a better deal comes along. I would rather go down swinging with one of the best RBs in the league than to just make an emergency deal after Week 2. Your team could easily rattle off a half dozen wins in a row and you'll be right back in it.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Max Power » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:38 pm

right now my WR3 spot is a toss up between Anthony Gonzalez and Shawn McDonald...

to make matters worse...we do divisions. four 3 team divisions two conferences. top team in each division makes playoffs. 1 wildcard per confrernce. Both teams in my division are 2-0
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Max Power » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Not to mention, I am high on Tom Jones. I also Have Jamal lewis and Kevin Jones on the roster
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Popcynical » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Wayne for Addai? No wai.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:04 pm

So your team isn't doing too well and you are mad because other owners won't help you do better? I thought the idea of a fantasy football league was to win, not to help the 0-2 teams get better. :-D

Wish you were in my league. I'd trade you someone better than Wayne for Addai. Want Marvin Harrison?

Keep working on trades. Try to get the other 0-2 teams to go for a mutually beneficial trade. But... Don't give away your talented players just because you are 0-2.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 pm

I'm sorry man, but this is by no means a cheap move. It is most definitely not anyone elses responsibility to trade with you just because you think it is a good deal. Not only that but you are blatantly broadcasting that you absolutely need a WR (which i'm not sure of) and a TE (definitely need some help here), so ultimately anyone you trade with is holding all the cards. You are the one that needs the trade not them.

As for the Addai trade. Personally I would not do it. However, I dont think its a vetoable trade as you suggest. Its way too early to panic. Just relax and dont take anything that isn't of fair value. ;-D
jake_harv88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:35 pm

Your team looks fine. You are 0-2 with the 3rd most points? That's not because your team is bad, that it just luck with facing the highest scoring team in a given week. My brother one year had the 2nd highest points per week for a 6 week stretch, with the opponent happening to get the highest point total in that week. It happens.

Since your team IS putting up points, don't worry about it. Definitely don't do that addai for wayne trade. What TE's are available on the WW? What wides are available? Your team looks solid besides TE. Remember, fantasy football has a big luck factor in it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 pm

if your putting up points why panic? eventually you will turn around, ive seen teams start 0-4 then win the rest of the games until the playoffs, it happens that way sometimes but sometimes you have to sit and be patient, i know you dont want to get too far behind but trading addai for wayne is ludicrous, especially if thats all you get
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby tianyi86 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:47 pm

You are putting up points so its just bad luck right now. Shaun Macdonald as a #3 in that Lions offense is actually pretty decent for a fantasy #3 wr.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk