Owen Daniels and Jacoby Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owen Daniels and Jacoby Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Owen Daniels and Jacoby Jones

Postby mikus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Food for thought: Daniels has the second-most looks of anyone on the Texans not named Andre Johnson. He should clean up on Sunday.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:26 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Starting Daniels this weekend over Witten, I don't like Witten's matchup and that since AJ is gone, I figure Daniels will get more looks.

dont see how you start any TE over witten except maybe a handful, romo is playing great and has been in sync with witten since last yr...i know they play the bears but the bears cant cover everyone on the field, someone is going to have a huge game and the colts D has been stout too...with johnson out they can key on daniels being the main threat, id go with witten but its your team go with your gut...but i doubt witten gets anything less then 60 yds and hopeful for a TD
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:37 pm

is daniels a better start this week than Watson?
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:58 pm

Lucky7 wrote:is daniels a better start this week than Watson?

i say yes

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Lucky7 wrote:is daniels a better start this week than Watson?

It's close. Almost too close to call.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby saemick » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 pm

so would anyone actually play Owen over a WR at your flex (WR/TE) spot? Assuming you have the likes of:
Gates, Winslow, etc...
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Jacoby Jones ...aka.... Obi One Jacoby

The colts D will quickly learn they will need to cover jacoby jones just as hard as andre johnson, but it won't be an easy task. Just as well, daniels will get a fair share of looks, but ol' jeb might get tossed into the game a little more too. Jacoby Jones is the Texans' version of last years marques colston in my mind. I dont know if you guys know the story behind jacoby, buts its a good one. I feel pretty strong about a great performance. the kid has confidence, hands, brains, and amazing speed...oh yeah and its not like hes too small either. He is going to learn alot this sunday real quick, and im hoping it pays off. If the game goes as the texans plan and jacoby performs as hoped its going to change the entire outlook towards the texans. It can go either way on sunday, but as a texan fan i gotta believe. Having andre johnson out of this game is huge, those are big shoes to fill by a rookie with 2 receptions on two games. Its kind of cool, this is one of those situations when an individual is being given the "chance". Like a diamond in the rough with its moment to shine. However it goes, i'll be right there watching with no more than my fantasy team on the line and maybe a side bet or two. It would be a great weekend to be in Vegas. I sure did enjoy betting against the panthers in Vegas last weekend.

27-24 Texans
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:07 pm

saemick wrote:so would anyone actually play Owen over a WR at your flex (WR/TE) spot? Assuming you have the likes of:
Gates, Winslow, etc...

if you have high end tight ends like Gates, Winslow, Heap, and Witten, then no i'd leave them in instead of using owens. but if you plan on using a weaker option like mike furrey or devery henderson, then yes i'd use owens.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 am

EWSPECIALTY wrote:Jacoby Jones ...aka.... Obi One Jacoby

The colts D will quickly learn they will need to cover jacoby jones just as hard as andre johnson, but it won't be an easy task. Just as well, daniels will get a fair share of looks, but ol' jeb might get tossed into the game a little more too. Jacoby Jones is the Texans' version of last years marques colston in my mind. I dont know if you guys know the story behind jacoby, buts its a good one. I feel pretty strong about a great performance. the kid has confidence, hands, brains, and amazing speed...oh yeah and its not like hes too small either. He is going to learn alot this sunday real quick, and im hoping it pays off. If the game goes as the texans plan and jacoby performs as hoped its going to change the entire outlook towards the texans. It can go either way on sunday, but as a texan fan i gotta believe. Having andre johnson out of this game is huge, those are big shoes to fill by a rookie with 2 receptions on two games. Its kind of cool, this is one of those situations when an individual is being given the "chance". Like a diamond in the rough with its moment to shine. However it goes, i'll be right there watching with no more than my fantasy team on the line and maybe a side bet or two. It would be a great weekend to be in Vegas. I sure did enjoy betting against the panthers in Vegas last weekend.

27-24 Texans

well being that you live in houston and your a houstan fan im going to have to temper your expecations and put my own spin on them, yes jones is talented and will be a good wr, but lets not all get excited and think he's going to have a huge game just because he's starting...A Johnson out means the focal point at WR will be on Jacoby, Walter is not the speed threat he is, so they will put just as much attention on him even though they are playing cover 2...I dont think houston will score that many points, the colts D is fierce and when they dont really have a deep threat to face they lock down and will give up those short passes to daniels all day, but i highly doubt we see j jones have a huge breakout type of game...james jones is a better week to week play and will put up better rookie wr numbers in that offense
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:15 am

I'm sitting all Texans WRs this week. First I don't think Jones is ready yet, he's too raw. Second, the Texans aren't gonna be airing the ball out. What's gonna happen is that they'll pound the ball all game to keep the ball away from Manning. Jones is too risky to start IMO this week.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk