Deshawn Wynn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deshawn Wynn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deshawn Wynn

Postby brett5673 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 pm

Okay, I am just confused about him. Flat out confused. It sounds like GB's got a RBBC big time but its like hes te leader of the pack. But then they have so many injuries and dings and Jacksons ineffectiveness he sounds great. But then you realize except for the 38 yard run, he had 12 yards on 9 carries. Then I read more into him and he would've been a top RB, but work ethic in question. and to boot he weighs 238, but only ran the 40 .07 less than Adrian peterson, at 212. This week I feel like playing him even against SD. I dont know why, but when I pick up people off waivers I like playing them. I know this isnt really the area to ask, ut if anyone thinks I should play him over MJD in a league w/ KR points, tell me if Im nuts. It seems like I am, but let me know. And PS-Wynn's known to take a kick or 2 back for a return
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Deshawn Wynn

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 pm

well out of all the packers rbs i'd say wynn is the best to own right now. i dropped brandon jackson for wynn in a league.

i wouldn't start him this week. the chargers have one of the best rushing defenses in the league. the broncos, on the other hand, have been giving up a lot to rbs. the broncos defense relies on speed and are a bit undersized, which should let MJD run over a few linebackers. MJD should do better this week, the jags should know they have to utilize him more to win.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brett5673 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:28 pm

Yeah, thanks
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dgcesq » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:30 pm

I just picked up Wynn, too, but more so that I can trade him to the owner of Jackson than anything else. I'd be shocked if he turned out to be another Willie Parker (still my personal best free agent grab of all time 2 years ago).
dgcesq
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Felix the Cat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:49 am

Wynn isn't really startable unless:
-It's a very deep league.
-Your roster sucks.

As an example, I'm starting Wynn over Ike Hilliard in the flex in one league.

The big plus of Wynn is that he'll get goal-line carries over Jackson.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:02 am

Wow tough choice and wrong forum. :-b
I don't like the thought of starting Wynn over Drew-Jones but is this the Drew-Jones we saw last season? It seems that Jax is trying to get Garrard involved by going downfield as opposed to dropping short passes to MJD. Tennessee is also playing pretty well. I would give it a push, though I don't know how MJD has been doing on returns so that could make the difference. Good luck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:37 pm

moochman wrote:Wow tough choice and wrong forum. :-b
I don't like the thought of starting Wynn over Drew-Jones but is this the Drew-Jones we saw last season? It seems that Jax is trying to get Garrard involved by going downfield as opposed to dropping short passes to MJD. Tennessee is also playing pretty well. I would give it a push, though I don't know how MJD has been doing on returns so that could make the difference. Good luck.

Well MJD was enshrined in the Fantasy Football Hall of Fame, so he doesn't have much motivation any more.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:47 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
moochman wrote:Wow tough choice and wrong forum. :-b

Well MJD was enshrined in the Fantasy Football Hall of Fame, so he doesn't have much motivation any more.

That's why I've always felt that players shouldn't be eligible for the FFHOF until after they retire!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk