Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Postby drinklime » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:24 pm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2 ... games.html

If you have played Madden much lately, you know exactly why EA bought the exclusive NFL license, because they couldnt keep up with the competition. Well now since they have the license they dont even bother fixing the bugs in the game, and this year your franchise will lock up after a few years. EA doesnt give a damn, but the NFL will if EA tarnishes their image, and Madden 2008 definitely does... once people learn to associate "NFL" with "unpolished software" the NFL will take notice and not allow EA to ruin video game football for another 5 years. This article is a start... let people know what the EA is doing to NFL football video games. :-t
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Postby bklik » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 pm

Agreed. Competition makes quality better. I can't count the number of times my d-lineman lined up backwards or my coverage completely erred and allowed a huge play to what should've been a short gain.

Bring 2k back...
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Popcynical » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:58 pm

bklik wrote:Agreed. Competition makes quality better. I can't count the number of times my d-lineman lined up backwards or my coverage completely erred and allowed a huge play to what should've been a short gain.

Bring 2k back...

Seriously... the 2k is way better than Madden. Damn monopolies.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:46 pm

I don't play Madden 08 as much as I used to play 06 and 07, but the blame for this lies on the shoulders of the NFL. They're the ones who sold the exclusive rights license.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Everyone out there since the exclusivity started happening has been playing the Madden games with the mindset that no matter what they were going to hate it. Its the same thing this year, I've played this game about 100 hours at least so far and find nothing so horrible as to cause me not to want to play it. People just want to gripe and complain and thats all there is to it. If you really liked the 2k games better you are crazy, they were slow and sluggish and boring....and first person football?? LOL what a joke...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 pm

I've bought madden since madden '04 and I can say that '08 is the last Madden game I'll ever buy. I thought '04 (Vick) was the best game. Superstar mode has been a huge let down and the franchise hasn't changed too much since '04 anyway.

madden sux...
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 pm

long live Joe Montana Football '94 for the sega genesis.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 pm

I hate 08 with a passion. I have been buying them since the Eddie George cover, and have not really had anything to complain about, but this game is horrible. 07 was my favorite one, and that one is exponentially better than 08. I loved playing that game, I think I played through 4 franchise seasons the first month I had it it was so good.

I'm not going to elaborate on every thing I hate about the game, but hopefully these two vids will clarify why I haven't touched the game in 3 weeks.

Video 1. This "fumble" occurred during the first minute of the third quarter of a game. I had all three timeouts, so there was absolutely no reason why I should not have been able challenge this play. However, I go to the menu, and I can not challenge it. What a bunch of BS. His knee is down, the ball is in his hand, and then he rolls over and the ball squirts out. Oh BTW the same player fumbled the ball on another similar play; 20+ yard pass that put me past the 50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuV6tfPJWso

Video 2. This was originally called an incompletion, which is the correct call, because: 1. the WR stepped foot out of bounds, rendering him unable to catch it in the first place. 2. after coming down with it, neither feet come down anywhere near the line. 3. the defender did not touch him, so he was not forced out of bounds. Obviously, his momentum brought him out. This call was then challenged by the booth, and the play was overturned. They then called it a completion %-6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEOHx8Q04Y

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby drinklime » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:Everyone out there since the exclusivity started happening has been playing the Madden games with the mindset that no matter what they were going to hate it. Its the same thing this year, I've played this game about 100 hours at least so far and find nothing so horrible as to cause me not to want to play it. People just want to gripe and complain and thats all there is to it. If you really liked the 2k games better you are crazy, they were slow and sluggish and boring....and first person football?? LOL what a joke...

Did you try playing franchise? Did you try turning off weapons and then trying to play online? These things dont even work.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tclangham » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:18 pm

This is why I stopped playing Madden and picked up All Pro Football 2K8! The game play is so much better and since I am a dolphins fan I love playing with Dan Marino and handing it off to Tony Nathan, playing defense with John Offerdahl and Nick Buoniconti.

If you guys havn't played it yet, you should pick it up. You can get it brand new for $30.

http://www.2ksports.com/games/football2k8/ ;-D
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker