Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:26 pm

anyone remember ESPN NK5? That was by far the best football game I had ever played. In my opinion madden '05 wasn't even comparable, but then ea bought up all the rights. Personally i liked madden '06 enough to play it pretty often but since then its all been down hill. I would definately like to see espn making games too. Competition is good for the consumer...
jake_harv88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmog » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 pm

I honestly stopped playing Madden 1 year after the bought the monopoly.

My cousin and I were huge Madden fans, played franchises together each year. Then the game went downhill and sucked after they bought the liscense.

I haven't played Madden since.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:26 pm

unfortunately good or not madden brings the name. most consumers could care less if it's a solid game or not they just want to say i got the new madden. i'll honestly tell you i haven't enjoyed madden alot since it was on genesis. the originals were the best as the had all the old super bowl teams and you didn't have to do 200 feats of awesomeness to get all the teams and players.i enjoyed the last 2k version with TO on the cover and enjoyed the very first one they brought out on the dreamcast. the urlacher version wasn't as good imo.anyways there are just to many madden fanboys out there salivating over paying 50 dollars for the same game every year. perhaps if they would do patches to improve game mechanics and offer a reasonably priced roster update every year it would be worth plunking the money down but as it stands i'll just play team fortress 2 and watch football and analyze players for fantasy as i find that infinitely more enjoyable anyways.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:long live Joe Montana Football '94 for the sega genesis.

*sigh*

thats when classic games like those had sentimental value...

Hell for that matter long live gameday 98 with jerome bettis on the cover...good times right there, i swear id rather play that then madden 08
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 am

drinklime wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:Everyone out there since the exclusivity started happening has been playing the Madden games with the mindset that no matter what they were going to hate it. Its the same thing this year, I've played this game about 100 hours at least so far and find nothing so horrible as to cause me not to want to play it. People just want to gripe and complain and thats all there is to it. If you really liked the 2k games better you are crazy, they were slow and sluggish and boring....and first person football?? LOL what a joke...

Did you try playing franchise? Did you try turning off weapons and then trying to play online? These things dont even work.

I've played over 100 games online and every one of them is competitive and entertaining, quit expecting the world, its a video game. Whats your beef with it?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:54 am

PMoneyTKE wrote:
drinklime wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:Everyone out there since the exclusivity started happening has been playing the Madden games with the mindset that no matter what they were going to hate it. Its the same thing this year, I've played this game about 100 hours at least so far and find nothing so horrible as to cause me not to want to play it. People just want to gripe and complain and thats all there is to it. If you really liked the 2k games better you are crazy, they were slow and sluggish and boring....and first person football?? LOL what a joke...

Did you try playing franchise? Did you try turning off weapons and then trying to play online? These things dont even work.

I've played over 100 games online and every one of them is competitive and entertaining, quit expecting the world, its a video game. Whats your beef with it?

I agree with you to an extent, but some things EA just gets lazy with...

how about on the 360 version, when playing 2 player mode you cant hide which play you pick, it has a highlighted box whever you scroll to so obvious you cant help but notice when playing on 2 player mode...how hard is that to fix? and its pointless and i dont understand why its even in the game
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 am

Madden '04 was my introduction into the series and is still my favorite by far (maybe cause Vick pwned :-D ).

Of course there are many flaws in all the Madden releases and other than the one about dropping players in Franchise I can't see many other serious ones that haven't appeared or been similar in the past. Unfortunately you gotta take what EA gives you since they're the only company making games. And I think they do a pretty decent job, I mean they could release much worse games each year and still make boatloads of money.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:53 am

I'm still playing Tecmo Bowl.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:54 am

I love negative talk in such a happy forum.

Love Madden, have since like '02. I hope people get what they wish for, and there precious 2k game sucks it up and Madden comes back stronger than ever.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:17 am

madden 06 with donovan on the cover was the last time this franchise was good. and it wasn't that great.

joe montana 1994 was good, but if you had the lions, you wouldn't lose. chris spielman was a total beast. i can't remember the kick returner's name right now, but he was untouchable. and not to mention that barry sanders averaged about 250 yards a game. i never even had to pass.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games