Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gamers irate over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches

Postby Houser33 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 am

I'd probably hate it too if I played it on the 360/PS3....PC is the way to go fellas...You just need to find a good site that customizes the game i.e. football-freaks.com...The only beef I have with Madden is the fact that EA basically ignores the PC genre and has put out virtually the same game since 06. That does not mean it isnt playable though.
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AEMRICH » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:10 am

i have this game and i am not pleased with it. I find that fumbles occur all the time, a lot of passes thrown will just hit guys in the face and they won't try to catch it. i played 07 a lot last year but have barely played 10 games this year and i bought it the day it came out
QB: Manning
RB: Addai/Edge
WR: Walker/Driver/ Santana Moss
RB/WR: Ronnie Brown
TE: Shockey
K: Stover
DEF: Carolina

BN: K. Jones, Deangelo Williams, Favre, Braylon Edwards, Kenton Keith, Trent Green, Selvin Young
AEMRICH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:03 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:
drinklime wrote:
Did you try playing franchise? Did you try turning off weapons and then trying to play online? These things dont even work.

I've played over 100 games online and every one of them is competitive and entertaining, quit expecting the world, its a video game. Whats your beef with it?

I agree with you to an extent, but some things EA just gets lazy with...

how about on the 360 version, when playing 2 player mode you cant hide which play you pick, it has a highlighted box whever you scroll to so obvious you cant help but notice when playing on 2 player mode...how hard is that to fix? and its pointless and i dont understand why its even in the game

You can hide your plays by holding the button down on the play you want and moving it to another play and letting go, it will be the play you originally held the button down on. 90% of the people that have problems with the game either suck at it or don't know what the hell they're doing...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tclangham » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Just play some All-Pro Football 2K8 and you will never go back to Madden. I started playing Madden way back in 1991 and have tried every football game under the sun since then. Madden just keeps putting out the same crap since the 06 version. I think Madden had it perfect in 04 and 05 but they stopped progressing since they bought the NFL rights. All-Pro Football 2K8 is down right awesome!
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby berdugoba » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Game consoles in general have been tarnishing the fast paced game play for our once ill-graphic, but competent game performance. PS3 and XBox 360 is no different. Have any of you tried the Madden 08 on Nintendo Wii? I heard it is pretty cool. I had fun playing the Tiger Woods game. I actually broke a sweat while playing the Wii.
berdugoba
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drinklime » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:47 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
drinklime wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:Everyone out there since the exclusivity started happening has been playing the Madden games with the mindset that no matter what they were going to hate it. Its the same thing this year, I've played this game about 100 hours at least so far and find nothing so horrible as to cause me not to want to play it. People just want to gripe and complain and thats all there is to it. If you really liked the 2k games better you are crazy, they were slow and sluggish and boring....and first person football?? LOL what a joke...

Did you try playing franchise? Did you try turning off weapons and then trying to play online? These things dont even work.

I've played over 100 games online and every one of them is competitive and entertaining, quit expecting the world, its a video game. Whats your beef with it?

If you play offline on All-Madden difficulty, your Weapons are turned "Off". If you then try to play online, you get disconnected after the first play because your weapons settings arent the same as your opponents.

EA has given no indication of fixing that.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:58 pm

drinklime wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:
drinklime wrote:

If you play offline on All-Madden difficulty, your Weapons are turned "Off". If you then try to play online, you get disconnected after the first play because your weapons settings arent the same as your opponents.

EA has given no indication of fixing that.

What are you talking about? If you play a ranked game online it automatically sets the game to All-Pro 5 minute quarters. :-?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:13 pm

benb18a wrote:I hate 08 with a passion. I have been buying them since the Eddie George cover, and have not really had anything to complain about, but this game is horrible. 07 was my favorite one, and that one is exponentially better than 08. I loved playing that game, I think I played through 4 franchise seasons the first month I had it it was so good.

I'm not going to elaborate on every thing I hate about the game, but hopefully these two vids will clarify why I haven't touched the game in 3 weeks.

Video 1. This "fumble" occurred during the first minute of the third quarter of a game. I had all three timeouts, so there was absolutely no reason why I should not have been able challenge this play. However, I go to the menu, and I can not challenge it. What a bunch of BS. His knee is down, the ball is in his hand, and then he rolls over and the ball squirts out. Oh BTW the same player fumbled the ball on another similar play; 20+ yard pass that put me past the 50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuV6tfPJWso

Video 2. This was originally called an incompletion, which is the correct call, because: 1. the WR stepped foot out of bounds, rendering him unable to catch it in the first place. 2. after coming down with it, neither feet come down anywhere near the line. 3. the defender did not touch him, so he was not forced out of bounds. Obviously, his momentum brought him out. This call was then challenged by the booth, and the play was overturned. They then called it a completion %-6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEOHx8Q04Y

As long as we're on bugs with the actual football rules in Madden, I was just playing a game where a defender intercepted a pass at the 3 yard line, ran backwards into the endzone, and then was tackled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's a safety, right? Madden ruled it a touchback.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby drinklime » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:12 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:What are you talking about? If you play a ranked game online it automatically sets the game to All-Pro 5 minute quarters. :-?

Yea but it doesnt change your weapons setting back to On, and then you get disconnected after the kickoff. Im sure most people have no idea why they are actually getting disconnected. It just gives some vague message about losing the connection, when the problem is that your weapons settings dont match.

If you dont believe me, just try it. Turn off Weapons and then play a game online.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:10 am

drinklime wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:What are you talking about? If you play a ranked game online it automatically sets the game to All-Pro 5 minute quarters. :-?

Yea but it doesnt change your weapons setting back to On, and then you get disconnected after the kickoff. Im sure most people have no idea why they are actually getting disconnected. It just gives some vague message about losing the connection, when the problem is that your weapons settings dont match.

If you dont believe me, just try it. Turn off Weapons and then play a game online.

Why would you even turn the weapons off in the first place?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games