When is Norwood going to get the start??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When is Norwood going to get the start???

Moderator: Football Moderators

When is Norwood going to get the start???

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Warrick Dunn is averaging 3 ypc. Norwood is averaging 4.5 ypc. Why am I still watching old man Dunn go nowhere with the ball? When is the younger, faster, and more talented Norwood going to get his opportunity? I am soo frustrated. Any word in ATL of Norwood getting the ball more?

It's like ATL doesn't WANT to win. Maybe they want the #1 draft pick to make up for losing Vick and trading Schaub to HOU (doh!).

Atlanta homers, let's hear the scoop.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: When is Norwood going to get the start???

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:05 am

Hopefully never since i have Dunn and not Norwood, but considering that info I have to say probably soon !+)
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:22 am

you would do better to compare carries/touches, rather than gripe about whom is starting. i'm not looking it up. but i own norwood in a dynasty or two. from what i've seen, he's a good young player. but dunn has the experience. obviously they don't trust norwood to carry the ball 25 times a game. so they split the carries. norwood is explosive, and i think that's how they use him. for big plays, to add a bit of electricity. he can't bring that every play, so they use it sparingly. i don't know what the deal is.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 am

moonhead wrote:you would do better to compare carries/touches, rather than gripe about whom is starting.

Dunn has 46 carries, and Norwood has 20. Dunn has an APC of 3.5, Norwood's is 4.6. And it's every FF player's god-given right to gripe.

moonhead wrote:i'm not looking it up. but i own norwood in a dynasty or two. from what i've seen, he's a good young player. but dunn has the experience. obviously they don't trust norwood to carry the ball 25 times a game. so they split the carries. norwood is explosive, and i think that's how they use him. for big plays, to add a bit of electricity. he can't bring that every play, so they use it sparingly. i don't know what the deal is.

That's just it. That's just what I've seen from Norwood as well. And from Dunn I've seen a guy who runs into a pile of jerseys and gets nowhere. Why don't they trust Norwood. He doesn't fumble. All he does is perform. And he certainly can't bring electricity from the bench.

I think it's just the Falcons commitment to losing
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:33 am

ampant wrote:I think it's just the Falcons commitment to losing

Or their committment to getting Darren McFadden in the draft. That way they can continue to piss people off next year when they have McFadden and Jerious Norwood, but continue to start Warrick Dunn. ;-)
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Dhark » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:15 am

Petrino keeps saying they are going to involve him more. He has tons of potential. It seems silly to me not to use him more. I really would like to see more out of him. Norwood is probably not going to shock the league, but I could use some bye week stability in 1 of my 3 flex spots.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk