Suffering from FCD..."fantasy compulsive disorder" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Suffering from FCD..."fantasy compulsive disorder"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Suffering from FCD..."fantasy compulsive disorder"

Postby Boozer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:32 pm

I am definitely guilty of this FCD!!! I feel pissed off when I lose and I am always thinking of ways to make my team better. Those are the two worst for me!
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby redstorm41 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:59 am

LS2throwed wrote:Anyone else here that can admit they have this too lol...Everything you see in a real game you relate to the fantasy world, heres a few things Id ask yourselves

1.Everytime an unproven player has a good day you immediately refer to him as a sleeper
2. You always calculate in your head how many points a player got in one week when you see his statline for the game on espn
3. Youve had dreams over who to start before on saturday nights
4. Everytime a player scores a TD and you realize he wasn't drafted, you immediately think about if you should pick them up
5. Your most used term for the week is "sleeper"
6. You've rooted for a K in an actual game
7. You feel the need to attempt at least one trade a week in your league
8. You get on stattracker every sunday morning and rotate games on stat tracker for stat updates instead of watching games
9. When your team loses you have bad weeks afterward and feel depressed
10. You stare at your rosters for hours each day looking at how you can get better or how you will do this week

I dont know maybe its just me, but at least i can admit it ;-D

I'm definitely guilty of 10 without question. I do it for fantasy baseball as well. I've been guilty of two on occassion except that I do it for either NFL.com or Yahoo! Six I've done many times. As for seven, I only deal when in need. It is harder to trade in fantasy football (thankfully I was able to deal Brian Griese to get Marty Booker due to the loss of Andre Johnson. Now if only I can get some healthy and available RB for week four).
redstorm41
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:21 am

LOL if you're not guilty of some of those, you HAVE to suck at FF.

Although I just can't ever bring myself to use the term "sleeper." I figure that anything I come up with is already public knowledge to someone, somewhere.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby exp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:13 am

Classic!

Thanks for posting that. Sadly, I can relate to most of those symptoms. :~(
exp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Fantasy Expert

Postby zevon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:40 am

It's 2:37 Saturday morning here, I'm up getting starting pitching I desperately need for two H2H matchups on Sunday and then ended up 3/4 of the page down in Football leftovers.
I think that says all I need to know about my FCD. :-b
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 am

LS2throwed wrote:Anyone else here that can admit they have this too lol...Everything you see in a real game you relate to the fantasy world, heres a few things Id ask yourselves

1.Everytime an unproven player has a good day you immediately refer to him as a sleeper
2. You always calculate in your head how many points a player got in one week when you see his statline for the game on espn
3. Youve had dreams over who to start before on saturday nights
4. Everytime a player scores a TD and you realize he wasn't drafted, you immediately think about if you should pick them up
5. Your most used term for the week is "sleeper"
6. You've rooted for a K in an actual game
7. You feel the need to attempt at least one trade a week in your league
8. You get on stattracker every sunday morning and rotate games on stat tracker for stat updates instead of watching games
9. When your team loses you have bad weeks afterward and feel depressed
10. You stare at your rosters for hours each day looking at how you can get better or how you will do this week

I dont know maybe its just me, but at least i can admit it ;-D

Guilty of these enboldened actions.

2. I can calculate the points pretty dang fast by now; if it's a player I own in any league I immediately think of how many points he did or could have accumulated for me.

6. The K scores points just like the rest of the team does :p

8. I get on nfl.com and check the boxscores/gamecenters of the games in which my players are participating in, because some leagues don't have free up to the minute scores. I check between the games on FOX and CBS, unless my Boys are playing. I check the computer at the end of each quarter.

9. Depending on the buy-in or prestige(Cafe leagues) I feel the effects of crucial wins/losses.

Here's one that should be added:

11. You bring up FF so much with coworkers/friends that play, that you can tell they are tired of it :p

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benb18a » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:16 am

FatFoot wrote:Although I just can't ever bring myself to use the term "sleeper." I figure that anything I come up with is already public knowledge to someone, somewhere.

Pretty much true. Don't you hate it when your "sleepers" constantly creep into earlier rounds of mock drafts as the summer progresses?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk