Who to pick at #8 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who to pick at #8

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to pick at #8

Postby NCJetsFan » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:41 am

Drafting this weekend ...

Figure I would jump in and ask a question regarding QB's and strategy.

I am picking #8 in a performance league that is 6pts for all TD's + yardage bonus. 1 pt/25 yards passing, 1 pt/10 yards for yardage for everyt. QB bonus kicks in at 250 (5 pts) and 5 bonus pts are awarded at each 50 yards thrown. RB bonus kicks in at 100 (5pts) and 5 pt bonus is given at each additional 25 yards gained. WR is same as RB.

Last year, Warner avg a little over 300 yards and 2 TD's per game. In this scoring system, that gives him approx 34 pts. Faulks overall numbers are around 38 pts.

I am getting the feeling their may be a run on QB's early in the draft. I am pretty much thinking the top 4 will be gone ( Warner, Garcia, Manning, Culpepper ).

If this is the case, do I immediately go after QB? Or do I go with the stud RB theory? I know I am going to need consistent QB pressure to keep alive during the regular season.

Thanks
NCJetsFan
NCJetsFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Destroyrs » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:25 pm

If the top 4 QB's are gone, I would definitely go with 2 stud RB's. They will produce more versus other teams RB's as compared the the Stud QB vs. your 2nd tier QB. You can get your QB and WR on back to back picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
Destroyrs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

# 8

Postby NCJetsFan » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:18 pm

Thanks. Any thoughts on McNabb being a 1st round pick ? I do not personally believe so but I thought I would ask.

Thanks
NCJetsFan
NCJetsFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:08 pm

i'd go with the 2 stud RB and then pick up a 2nd tier QB later with the best available WR the next time it comes around. your RB advantage will more then compensate for the one step down of the QB ratio

as for mcnabb in the 1st round IMO i should slap you (j/k) :-t

for one reason i think hes overrated to begin with and definately not first round material id take brooks over him anyday and he gets no respect
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Picklejuice » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:46 pm

To heck w/ comforming with the stale RB formula - take Moss and Owens.

Both guys will score more than most RB's even the top flight guys. These two are unstoppable. While i don't take much stock in preseason, both guys have had great numbers, speed, and hands. Pick up a decent QB late (Gannon, Bledsoe, Griese) and get some RB's after the WR's and you'll be set.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:14 am

Easy; take the best available player!
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk