Halo 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Halo 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Halo 3

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:29 pm

I'm going to have to hit up that free 48 hours of Live sometime. I still haven't bought it though I've had plans too. If anyone's got a tag they want me to borrow for a while, I can easily take that on O:-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:56 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I'm going to have to hit up that free 48 hours of Live sometime. I still haven't bought it though I've had plans too. If anyone's got a tag they want me to borrow for a while, I can easily take that on O:-)

I just pay 8 bucks a month, thats nothing compared to the rest of my bills. More than worth it... ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm

I love this game.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:08 am

There are some crazy new weapons! I only had time to play one game, but it was pretty fun!
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:55 pm

From my brief time playing the multi player, here is my run down in comparison to the other games.

-Assault rifle is pretty good. As said, better range and decent for that elusive medium range between the BR and SMG or shotgun. Bit more accurate than the Halo 1 version(MA5B, this is the MA5C) Less clip.

-Sniper is harder to use IMO. Just a different feel

-Reloading each gun separately is a much needed, helpful touch.

-Shottie is stronger and a bit better range, waaaay less clip capacity. If I recall correctly, it has around 6 shots now.

-Brute Chopper is sweet. Dual wieldable shotugns basically.

===========

Thats my take on my brief time playing(2hrs about). Will be having a MUCH larger chunk of time tomorrow being off.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:59 pm

this game is just awesome.

ive put quite a few hours into it. gained about 17 experience and up to a rank of 2nd class corporal in multiplayer, and am on chapter 4 in the campaign on heroic difficulty.

the thing that has most surprised me about the game is the amount of talented players. out of the gates this probably had the most talented players of any FPSs i have played. definitely humbling at times, but it just makes you better in the end i suppose.

i think my fav weapons are dual weilding spikers. those things jack people up !+) ;-D . i do miss being able to dual weild needlers though :,-(
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:01 pm

About what I expected out of the multiplayer....it's ok, but I'd rather be playing Shadowrun or (by a huge margin) Gears. Push to talk is the dumbest feature ever.

4-player coop however is awesome, and is the main reason I got this game.

The number of unbelievable games coming out for the 360 in this 4 months span is just ridiculous. I think I could quit my job and play videogames 15 hours a day and still not get a chance to play all of them as much as I'd want to.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby m16a » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:11 am

Got up to the first level with the flood playing on heroic and beat it... Man they are annoying... Even stronger in this game than any before..... Energy hammer works wonders on them though..... Oh yeah, I think they lowered the BRs effective range. It seems to be a bit "dumbed" down if you get my meaning. Oh yeah, being able to take down the scarab for real instead of just boarding it was SWEEEEEEET..
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:22 am

beat the game today...kinda short IMO. went back and collected all 13 skulls...that was quite the chore. working on legendary now with a friend...and its actually way easier than heroic by myself.

got promoted to sergeant today also...though i consider myself just an average player in multi. still am not super familiar with a lot of the weapons.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:01 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I was a Playstation guy for a while, but I decided to get a 360 last Christmas. I've never played Halo so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. I won't be getting it on Tuesday but I will be getting it sometime soon.

I'd recommend getting Halo and Halo 2 then. Halo the original's campaign was better, but they've tried to revamp the single player campaign this time around and resurrect the 'trinity.' I'm getting it today because I've heard reviews are great and I loved the original, and if they're trying to get it back to the original on the 360 no less, I'm in B-)

Even though this is "the best game ever made" I've never come to play it because I don't usually enjoy shooter games. The only games I almost ever play are sports and racing games. I've given Call of Duty and Battlefield a try and I liked them but is Halo different? I guess I should just rent it or borrow it from one of my friends and see for myself.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games