Halo 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Halo 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Halo 3

Postby m16a » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 pm

SOx, you could say Halo is different because of what it contains. Its a fusion of past present, and future weaponry(as opposed to call of duty where you are in the past or the present). For example, you have modern guns and grenades, fragmentation grenades assault rifles firing plain old armour piercing bullets. You have a quasi modern/old sword, only its made of energy, and you have plasma weapons(basically slower lasers). So yes its different, the game is also much more intense than most shooters I've played. Just very amazing games overall.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 am

you guys should hit me up sometime for some team slayer or maybe get a team of us up for some BTB ;D

My B.net
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby sox 06 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:58 am

WOW 8-o 've never played Halo before and I have never been a fan of videogames that aren't either racing or sport related. I rented this and played it on my new 26" HDTV and I loved it. Defientily going to be at the top of my Christmas list ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:46 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:you guys should hit me up sometime for some team slayer or maybe get a team of us up for some BTB ;D

My B.net

Will do once my Live is fixed. My name is sixxgun. We should get some cafe team slayers going! ;-D

Anyone else, feel free to request me and I'll feel free to kill you... :-)
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bagobonez » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:52 pm

I really don't understand why people enjoy this game. The characters move slow, everyone has access to the same weapons, it's just very bland. I think the only reason it's popular is because it's the best multiplayer FPS for consoles. It pales in comparison to multiplayer FPS's on the PC, such as Team Fortress Classic. TFC is a much faster paced game, has a variety of different classes you can choose from, and really does try to incorporate a "team" based element instead of just trying to have the best score or number of kills.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:55 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:We should get some cafe team slayers going! ;-D

Definitely! ;-D

gamertag = EAGLESFan662

bagobonez wrote:I really don't understand why people enjoy this game. The characters move slow, everyone has access to the same weapons, it's just very bland. I think the only reason it's popular is because it's the best multiplayer FPS for consoles. It pales in comparison to multiplayer FPS's on the PC, such as Team Fortress Classic. TFC is a much faster paced game, has a variety of different classes you can choose from, and really does try to incorporate a "team" based element instead of just trying to have the best score or number of kills.

I agree with the fact that even though you're split into teams, it's not very team oriented. I still think it's a blast though. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:44 pm

bagobonez wrote:I really don't understand why people enjoy this game. The characters move slow, everyone has access to the same weapons, it's just very bland. I think the only reason it's popular is because it's the best multiplayer FPS for consoles. It pales in comparison to multiplayer FPS's on the PC, such as Team Fortress Classic. TFC is a much faster paced game, has a variety of different classes you can choose from, and really does try to incorporate a "team" based element instead of just trying to have the best score or number of kills.

Eh, I used to feel that way. I used to be a bigtime PC FPS guy (played Tribes 2 for around 3-4 years). Gears of War really got me back into the console FPS scene (probably my 2nd favorite game of all time behind Tribes). That said, I hated the Halo 3 beta and the game when it was first released. But I gave it more time, and I'm having a TON of fun with it now. Since you move so slowly and since there's really no escape tactics in the game (as opposed to Tribes/Gears where if you found yourself in a bad spot you actually had a chance of escaping) the game can be REALLY frustrating when you start and are just getting beat up on. Once you learn the maps and the weapon/vehicle locations to help you start dishing out as much punishment as you're taking it's actually a lot of fun, and the extra stuff (matchmaking, theater, etc) is brilliant.

The real draw for me though is being able to play the games on xbox live. I can't even begin to describe how much easier this has made my life. On the PC it was either no one on the team is talking (no mic's or only 1 or 2 people with them) or planning ahead with some friends to rent and get on a teamspeak server so you could at least talk to each other, though of course there won't be any talking to the rest of the team. Even playing with those friends was a huge ordeal that involved going down your IM list and asking everyone if they were playing something (and knocking them out of their game if they were), then figuring out which server they were in, etc.

On Live, I just hop on and can easily look at where my buddies are, and then with two clicks of a button I'm in the game with them, chatting away on our mics that nearly everyone in the game has.

It took me a while to adjust to the controller after using the KB/mouse for first person shooters all these years, but after I made the adjustment it's been some of the best gaming of my life.

Heck, I bet if you search back in this section a year and a half or so you can find me ripping on how stupid console FPS games (Halo in particular) were. Sufficed to say I've changed my mind, heh.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah, Live really is amazing.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:04 pm

eagles21 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:We should get some cafe team slayers going! ;-D

Definitely! ;-D

gamertag = EAGLESFan662

I agree with the fact that even though you're split into teams, it's not very team oriented. I still think it's a blast though. ;-D

I'd be up for some Cafe Team Slayer, but CoD4 would be much better. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I finally got my brig, but yeah if you guys want to play I'm up for it. I have COD4 also but don't play it that much.

I've always had fun with the halo series but don't know if I'll ever get my 50, took what felt like a month and a half chilling at 44. So now it's just about having fun without feeling any stress of trying to gain anymore ranks, if it happens it happens. But as far as the console v. PC, I never really got into playing PC games, I tried them but I've always just felt more comfortable with the console.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games