Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ZFC: Buying low

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:21 pm

i kind of agree with him on fitzgerald/boldin, i already felt that they hurt each other's values a lot by taking tds, the emphasis on running the ball i think will hurt their stats even more. plus i had more fun with warner throwing to fitzgerald than leinart.

fitz is a wr2 for one of my teams and i'm planning on moving him once he has a big game.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:53 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:i kind of agree with him on fitzgerald/boldin, i already felt that they hurt each other's values a lot by taking tds, the emphasis on running the ball i think will hurt their stats even more. plus i had more fun with warner throwing to fitzgerald than leinart.

fitz is a wr2 for one of my teams and i'm planning on moving him once he has a big game.

It's warpigs column if you didn't realize.

I agree with most of it. Disagree on LJ though. Offense really hasn't changed if you don't count the O-Line and I think LJ is good enough to perform no matter what. Remember he did start camp really late and claims that's he's only just getting into football shape. Also Fitz shouldn't be bought. I've said this I don't know how many times but Zona is gonna have a run first offense and Fitz is not gonna be the Fitz of old, at least not this year.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:36 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:i kind of agree with him on fitzgerald/boldin, i already felt that they hurt each other's values a lot by taking tds, the emphasis on running the ball i think will hurt their stats even more. plus i had more fun with warner throwing to fitzgerald than leinart.

It's warpigs column if you didn't realize.

I agree with most of it. Disagree on LJ though. Offense really hasn't changed if you don't count the O-Line and I think LJ is good enough to perform no matter what. Remember he did start camp really late and claims that's he's only just getting into football shape. Also Fitz shouldn't be bought. I've said this I don't know how many times but Zona is gonna have a run first offense and Fitz is not gonna be the Fitz of old, at least not this year.

Ah...well sorry warpig lol.

I don't mean in buying fitz, i mean the part where he said fitz won't do as good like you said, so i would sell him.

JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:00 am

I enjoyed the article and it's interesting to see another person's point of view. I do think it's far too early to give up on Laurence Maroney although because people have this sentiment it would be a good time to sell as you can get a reasonable return for him. I completely agree on LJ and have said all throughout preseason that he was going to be on everyone's bust list at the end of the year. You can't lose two pro bowl linemen and your QB within two years and "be the same team".

The one thing I'm not understanding is everyone's fascination with Lee Evans. It seems to me that too many people look at last year's numbers and think this guy was a solid 1,300 yard 8 TD receiver. In fact, 400 of those yards and 3 TDs came in two games. Outside of those games, he has a much more reasonable average per game: 64.3 yards and a TD roughly every 3rd game. He's been inconsistent in the past and there's no reason to believe that's going to change as of now. Obviously, the guy will blow up for a couple of games this year and give you a nice shiny W those weeks, but right now I have a feeling he's costing people wins right now and won't make up for it.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:26 am

biju wrote:I enjoyed the article and it's interesting to see another person's point of view. I do think it's far too early to give up on Laurence Maroney although because people have this sentiment it would be a good time to sell as you can get a reasonable return for him. I completely agree on LJ and have said all throughout preseason that he was going to be on everyone's bust list at the end of the year. You can't lose two pro bowl linemen and your QB within two years and "be the same team".

The one thing I'm not understanding is everyone's fascination with Lee Evans. It seems to me that too many people look at last year's numbers and think this guy was a solid 1,300 yard 8 TD receiver. In fact, 400 of those yards and 3 TDs came in two games. Outside of those games, he has a much more reasonable average per game: 64.3 yards and a TD roughly every 3rd game. He's been inconsistent in the past and there's no reason to believe that's going to change as of now. Obviously, the guy will blow up for a couple of games this year and give you a nice shiny W those weeks, but right now I have a feeling he's costing people wins right now and won't make up for it.

Well i think the idea for that is to get lee evans now and let him blow up for you team. After a couple big games, you can turn around and sell him :-D

JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk