UFC "Knockout" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

UFC "Knockout"

Moderator: Football Moderators

UFC "Knockout"

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:02 am

Well no knockouts but 2 of the biggest upsets ever.

Forrest Griffin taps out Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in the 3rd by rear naked choke. Forrest dominated the fight then slipped in the choke in rd 3. Shogun was seen as the best MMA fighter in the world. He made Rampage look like an amateur.

Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine takes it to Lidell. I thought one of the keys to The dean winning was his leg kicks. He landed 45 of them leaving welts all over Chuck's body. Chuck never seemed to get going. Keith was more active and connecting with those kick all night.

Also Fitch beat Deigo in a close one.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: UFC "Knockout"

Postby CC » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Well no knockouts but 2 of the biggest upsets ever.

Forrest Griffin taps out Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in the 3rd by rear naked choke. Forrest dominated the fight then slipped in the choke in rd 3. Shogun was seen as the best MMA fighter in the world. He made Rampage look like an amateur.

Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine takes it to Lidell. I thought one of the keys to The dean winning was his leg kicks. He landed 45 of them leaving welts all over Chuck's body. Chuck never seemed to get going. Keith was more active and connecting with those kick all night.

Fedor has been thought of as the best MMA fighter in the world for a while now, still massive upsets though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 pm

CC wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Well no knockouts but 2 of the biggest upsets ever.

Fedor has been thought of as the best MMA fighter in the world for a while now, still massive upsets though.

I agree. Shogun is actually #2.

It is tough to give the title to Fedor because he can realistically fight in 1 weight class where as Shogun could probably fight in 3.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby josebach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:It is tough to give the title to Fedor because he can realistically fight in 1 weight class where as Shogun could probably fight in 3.

Actually, it's easy to give the title to Fedor because the guys in those lower weight classes wouldn't stand a chance against him. I think that's most people's reasoning anyway.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby 5 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 am

God Bless Matt Hughes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk