kitna = grossman but with weapons - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

kitna = grossman but with weapons

Moderator: Football Moderators

kitna = grossman but with weapons

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:56 pm

what is this im seeing his points drop like 10 points this is terrible. 3 fumles and an int? i know he gets interceptions but whats cant he hold onto the ball. how is everyone else ranking him right now?
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: kitna = grossman but with weapons

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:01 pm

If you're sacked 4-5-6-more times in a game you're bound to drop the ball occasionally.

The difference between Kitna and Grossman is that Kitna can throw.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:If you're sacked 4-5-6-more times in a game you're bound to drop the ball occasionally.

thank you.

Kitna is much better than Grossman
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby My team is injured » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:04 pm

kitna and grossman aren't comparable by any stretch... kitna's a solid QB, was his last year and a half as a starter in cinci and is now in detroit...

in a mike martz offense with detroit's O-line, kitna's going to get sacked his fair share of times, which will result in some fumbles throughout the season... and he's going to throw some picks too as he'll probably lead the league in pass attempts and will have pressure in his face on a number of throws per game... down by 30+ pts today at the end of the 4th quarter after a game in which he had a concussion last week, martz still has kitna in chucking the ball around... every QB in this situation is going to have some turnovers...
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:46 am

Felix the Cat wrote:If you're sacked 4-5-6-more times in a game you're bound to drop the ball occasionally.

Nope.

Rex has the better arm of the two. The difference is that Kitna makes intelligent decisions most of the time, and Rex plainly does not.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:34 am

I heard something interesting last night on the radio about this. Basically, the guy said give Rex just 1 month to prove that he can hold onto the job. But since the Bears running game is so much crap right now, the coaches should pull a Martz and just let Grossman air it out. Abandon the run take advantage of Grossman's connection with Berrian.

Not sure how well this could work, but the results either way should be extreme. Either total flameout or "Rexy for MVP." Could be fun to watch either way.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Felix the Cat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:44 am

FatFoot wrote:

Nope.

Rex has the better arm of the two. The difference is that Kitna makes intelligent decisions most of the time, and Rex plainly does not.

Having the better arm does not make you the better thrower too; accuracy is necessary.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ct2582 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 am

beanoX3 wrote:I heard something interesting last night on the radio about this. Basically, the guy said give Rex just 1 month to prove that he can hold onto the job. But since the Bears running game is so much crap right now, the coaches should pull a Martz and just let Grossman air it out. Abandon the run take advantage of Grossman's connection with Berrian.

Not sure how well this could work, but the results either way should be extreme. Either total flameout or "Rexy for MVP." Could be fun to watch either way.

When the Bears went down last night aginst the Cowboys, that's what the Bears tried to do.

Air it out.

Looked what happened.

This guy Grossman just plain out sucks. He forces balls into double triple coverage, and when he does air it out, he's not that accurate. At all.
ct2582
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 am

ct2582 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I heard something interesting last night on the radio about this. Basically, the guy said give Rex just 1 month to prove that he can hold onto the job. But since the Bears running game is so much crap right now, the coaches should pull a Martz and just let Grossman air it out. Abandon the run take advantage of Grossman's connection with Berrian.

When the Bears went down last night aginst the Cowboys, that's what the Bears tried to do.

Air it out.

Looked what happened.

This guy Grossman just plain out sucks. He forces balls into double triple coverage, and when he does air it out, he's not that accurate. At all.

It's a bit different when a team starts to air it out in the 4th quarter trying to cut down a big lead, when everyone knows you're trying to play catch-up. If the Bears let Grossman go all pass-happy from the start of a game, defenses aren't going to be in pass prevent the whole time. Anyways, I still think it would be interesting to see.

But I wouldn't say Grossman flat out sucks. The reason he's held onto his job this long and continues to aggravate the hell out of Bears fans is because we know he can be accurate and good. We know because we've seen it last year. Grossman is just a huge tease, but his end is nearing, thankfully.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:29 am

I don't think that the Bears would be able to just air it out all game like the Lions because I don't believe that they have the weapons to do so. The lions have Williams, Johnson, Furrey and Macdonald(who is good in a martz led offense) with a good Back in Jones to catch(when healthy). The Bears have no where near that talent to be throwing the ball all over the place. With the way it's set up it's more of a management game that they need to play, because they're offense won't be able to keep up with anyone in the league.
Last edited by WickedSmaat on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Football Talk