kitna = grossman but with weapons - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

kitna = grossman but with weapons

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: kitna = grossman but with weapons

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:51 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I don't think that the Bears would be able to just air it out all game like the Bears because I don't believe that they have the weapons to do so.

I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so, because that, some people out there in our nation, don't have maps, and that I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and that Iraq, and everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here should help the US--or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries (ding!)

The lions have Williams, Johnson, Furrey and Macdonald(who is good in a martz led offense) with a good Back in Jones to catch(when healthy). The Bears have no where near that talent to be throwing the ball all over the place. With the way it's set up it's more of a management game that they need to play, because they're offense won't be able to keep up with anyone in the league.

This is exactly right. It's pretty clear that if Rex is screwing up this much when throwing with this frequency, that he'll just screw up more if he throws more. They're throwing a LOT, actually. It just doesn't add up to that much offense because (of the Iraq) 3 and outs, turnovers, etc limit the number of actual plays that take place. The Lions have paid a steep price to be this deep at WR. If it finally pays off for them in the next couple of years, that's awesome. The Bears don't have that option. They're mediocre at WR, okay at TE... but the O line is really looking ragged and old. It could be that the defense peaked, but the O wasn't there to take advantage of it... and when the O catches up, the D may be long gone.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 pm

FatFoot wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I don't think that the Bears would be able to just air it out all game like the Bears because I don't believe that they have the weapons to do so.

I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so, because that, some people out there in our nation, don't have maps, and that I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and that Iraq, and everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here should help the US--or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries (ding!)

!+) I don't reread posts when I'm at work, damn maps....
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:47 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
FatFoot wrote:

!+) I don't reread posts when I'm at work, damn maps....

Though FatFoot's point cannot be argued, at least this side of the South Carolinas, there is hope on the horizen. (that's that little thingy that's not on US Americas maps, such as Iraqian countries and Alaska..)
If they let Wrecks air it out against the Lions secondary he could resurect his career...for a week.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm actually more interested in Chicago fans' take on Cedric Benson. Everyone knew coming into the season that Grossman's decision-making was suspect at best, but what about Benson? He had a good game against KC but otherwise has been completely ineffective. Is this a result of Grossman's inability resulting in 8 men in the box or Benson's inability to run the football?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:58 pm

moochman wrote:Though FatFoot's point cannot be argued, at least this side of the South Carolinas, there is hope on the horizen. (that's that little thingy that's not on US Americas maps, such as Iraqian countries and Alaska..)
If they let Wrecks air it out against the Lions secondary he could resurect his career...for a week.

You know, for this upcoming game, the NFL should flipflop passing TDs and interception TDs. Like if Rexy throws a TD to Berrian, it's 6 points for Detroit. If Rexy throws an interception to Kennedy and he returns it for a TD, then that's 6 points for Chicago. Same for Kitna. Should make for a very high scoring game.
;-D

As for Benson, we're not all too happy about him either. I miss TJ.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
moochman wrote:Though FatFoot's point cannot be argued, at least this side of the South Carolinas, there is hope on the horizen. (that's that little thingy that's not on US Americas maps, such as Iraqian countries and Alaska..)

You know, for this upcoming game, the NFL should flipflop passing TDs and interception TDs. Like if Rexy throws a TD to Berrian, it's 6 points for Detroit. If Rexy throws an interception to Kennedy and he returns it for a TD, then that's 6 points for Chicago. Same for Kitna. Should make for a very high scoring game.
;-D

As for Benson, we're not all too happy about him either. I miss TJ.

You mean it's not 6 pts for us when we give up a passing TD?--Way too sincerely, the Lions secondary.

Being semi-stoopit I have Grossone on my roster just for this game. I thought he be good for at least 3 TDs against the sad sack Lions secondary. Now I am not so sure. He looks awful, even by his low standards.

Was anybody outside of the Bears FO happy with Benson? I know it's hard to admit you goofed, but when you look at how Jones fit that team so well....

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:54 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:I'm actually more interested in Chicago fans' take on Cedric Benson. Everyone knew coming into the season that Grossman's decision-making was suspect at best, but what about Benson? He had a good game against KC but otherwise has been completely ineffective. Is this a result of Grossman's inability resulting in 8 men in the box or Benson's inability to run the football?

Having watched the game last night I personally believe more of Benson's struggles come from Grossman's ineffectiveness. In the beginning on the game the Bears seemed to be moving the ball well and Benson was gaining good yardage on the ground (first two carries went for something like 18 yards). Rex came in and threw 2 incompletions and then the Bears brought in AP for a draw for 3 yards. Punt.

After that, it looked like the Dallas defense was trying hard to keep Grossman throwing and shut down the run. Benson's next few carries brought his average down significantly, and I can remember a number of times the Cowboys were in the backfield and through the line just as Benson was getting the ball. It's tough to gain yardage with that happening. Now I don't necessarily blame it on the Bears O-line, because they had too many people coming at them. In those cases you really need to be able to spread out the offense either vertically (which I wouldn't want Grossman to do) or laterally with hook routes and posts. If you re-watch the game you'll see that Grossman seemed much more comfortable sending the ball to the sides of the field (Madden's observation, not mine). Using the TE a little more in the soft middle of a defense would also help keep the DBs from just keying on Benson's moves and reacting.

A good point to take home was when they went to a power running game at the goal line and Benson punched it in. It took a second try, but that was because Dallas got great penetration on the first attempt, not from Benson not getting through.

I think putting Griese in would seriously open up the running game. Lovie just doesn't want to do it because it's admitting the failure of Grossman, although it's tough to keep him in right now.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Boozer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:10 pm

As a resident of the beautiful state of South Carolina, I can assure you all of us aren't stupid!!! I promise! :-) :-D
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm not disappointed with Benson, honestly. If the O line sucks, and the QB sucks, and the team can't stay on the field, the RB is either Barry Sanders, or he sucks. Benson's going to be just fine. Mahk my woids!
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk