I thouht i was good at fantasy football :( - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I thouht i was good at fantasy football :(

Moderator: Football Moderators

I thouht i was good at fantasy football :(

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:36 pm

my bench has more points than my starters, bulger is going to the bench for the rest of the year, time to start cutler or delomme. Bush better turn it around. I know the season always starts funny. I posted last week don't be surprised if eagles score 50 pts this week and denver would lose at home. Next year im drafting 3 qb but gonna take them all the last 3 rounds. Bulger wasn't an early pick but its even a waste in rd 6
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I thouht i was good at fantasy football :(

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:11 pm

I feel you man. I could have won this week if Bulger didn't give me a goose egg. This is freakin unbelievable. I am beside myself right now. I finished last year in second place with a mediocre team and now i though i was going to be solid and here i am sitting at 0-3. This week my butt was single handedly whooped thanks to Bulger. all the while i've got phillip rivers sitting on my bench with 35 points. I though i was making a good choice starting bulger against tampa. If he can't play against them who can he play against. Its unreal to thing that orlando pace has made that big a difference, if thats the excuse, but i see that SJAX had a good game. Unreal.....i am so freaking pissed and now don't know what to do with my team.
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:47 pm

EWSPECIALTY wrote:I feel you man. I could have won this week if Bulger didn't give me a goose egg. This is freakin unbelievable. I am beside myself right now. I finished last year in second place with a mediocre team and now i though i was going to be solid and here i am sitting at 0-3. This week my butt was single handedly whooped thanks to Bulger. all the while i've got phillip rivers sitting on my bench with 35 points. I though i was making a good choice starting bulger against tampa. If he can't play against them who can he play against. Its unreal to thing that orlando pace has made that big a difference, if thats the excuse, but i see that SJAX had a good game. Unreal.....i am so freaking pissed and now don't know what to do with my team.

i think he had a couple more fumbles so sjax def didnt have a good game. i too am suprised how much of a difference pace makes if thats the reason because they cant do anything right now. i remember i had bulger last year and he was getting 300+yrds and tds every game
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:17 am

This whole season has been freakish, and years from now it will be stricken from the record books. Gamma radiation from solar flares... or something. Freakish season, thus far.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

A wise man once said...

Fantasy Football is a monkey humping random luckfest

I happen to agree! :-)
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 am

J35J wrote:A wise man once said...

Fantasy Football is a monkey humping random luckfest

I happen to agree! :-)

Me too. In regular leagues, I'd guess on average it's 50% skill (player/team knowledge + sound drafting) and 50% luck. In leagues where all players are skilled (like cafe leagues), it's almost all luck.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:40 am

Third lowest scoring team in my 16 team league.

SJax, Maroney, Wayne & Fitz are the core of my team.

They are averaging 35.4 ppg (combined) weeks 1-3. (Wayne is 14.2 of that because of his 26 in week one)

League average score is 85-90 ppg.

Go figure.....
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 am

The "luck vs. skill" debate has gone on and on here. Personally I fall on the side of Luck having the majority of impact on fantasy football.

Skill comes in to play in your draft, in setting your lineup, making free agent acquisitions and in making trades.

Luck comes in to play in every snap of every play in every game every week of the season. No matter how prepared you are, no matter how much research you do, you have no way of predicting that Patrick Crayton will drop a TD pass that hits him in the hands in week three. You have no idea that Orlando Pace will get hurt and cause Marc Bulger to go in the tank (as well as the rest of the Rams offense). You have no idea that Derek Anderson will light up Cincy like Times Square on a Friday night. You have no idea that touchdowns are going to be called back for ticky-tack holding penalties, or that fumbles recovered and run in for TDs are going to be missed and there will be no conclusive video evidence to overturn the blown call, or that your wide receiver will fumble into the end zone for your opponent's tight end to fall on, bogarting your score.

So much of what happens on the field is luck, and that translates directly onto your scoring sheet in fantasy, that anyone - ANYONE who crows about their genius fantasy skills is blowing so much hot air they could float the Hindenburg.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:49 am

knapplc wrote:So much of what happens on the field is luck, and that translates directly onto your scoring sheet in fantasy, that anyone - ANYONE who crows about their genius fantasy skills is blowing so much hot air they could float the Hindenburg.

EXACTLY!!!! With myself being the lone exception. I really am a fantasy genius.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby CC » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Fantasy football is pure skill when you are winning, and all luck when you are losing.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk