Roddy White will be good! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White will be good!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White will be good!

Postby codered7 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:12 pm

Last week he had 81 yds on 4 receptions. On those stats I started him this week, right now he has 112 and a td...the games not even over yet! He seems to the go guy up in the ATL...the only thing positive in there. I remember using Vick in all the madden games, and just lobbing it up to White and he would catch it over anyone(madden gives him mad ups). He was the only effective wide in the virtual world and Harrington has found this out! Right now I say he is a solid wr3, and you guys should pick him up right away ;-D !
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roddy White will be good!

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 pm

ok i'm gonna pick him up right now :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby codered7 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:53 am

Rotoworld kinda agrees ;-D !

Roddy White caught seven passes for 127 and a touchdown in Week 3.
Most impressively, White caught every single one of his targets (he didn't drop a pass). White also showed toughness by breaking two tackles en route to the end zone on his 69-yard second-quarter score. With 208 yards through two weeks, White may be teasing us again, but he's worth stashing for depth.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Um I guess you could put me in the minority but id be staying away from roddy white, too inconsistent and he will always find a way to drop a huge balls thrown to him..Especially even more so his qb, harrington is prone to throw for 120 yds from time to time and not be in sync with anyone, add to the fact that Jenkins and Horn are also as viable to have a big game

Id grab guys like Bowe, Burleson, Engram, first depending on who was all out there
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 am

I just cut ties with Terry Glenn for him. (Should have weeks ago...) Hopefully he keeps this production up! ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Would you rather have Roddy White or Dwayne Bowe?

Both are on the upswing. But it seems like White has the WR position due to performance, while Bowe has it because Kennison is out.

Who is better long-term?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Well i picked up Bowe after week 1 and ill stand by him. The flea flicker TD he caught in week 2 that was called back and his TD last week he simply outmanned the DB's in the endzone. Its a pretty safe bet Bowe will be seeing plenty of single coverage as well.

Concerning Kennison. Its Eddie Kennison :-t
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:44 pm

ampant wrote:Would you rather have Roddy White or Dwayne Bowe?

Both are on the upswing. But it seems like White has the WR position due to performance, while Bowe has it because Kennison is out.

Who is better long-term?

better qb: Bowe
more opportunity: Bowe
only viable wr option in the offense : Bowe

both are very athletic but starting bowe you have a better chance for a big game, with roddy some games jenkins will score, maybe horn shows up, maybe joey doesnt...i just love all the measurables that bowe has along with being very talented, id stick with him over roddy...roddy needs to keep this up until week 8 before i touch him
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ryanspicer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:42 pm

I like Roddy White.
He's got a nice schedule leading up to the bye (HOU, TEN, NYG, NO) and he's got a nice playoff schedule (Wk 15 TB, Wk 16 ARI). Joe Horn shouldn't even be brought up as he has been useless for quite some time, and Micheal Jenkins hasn't ever been useful.
You bitch about Joey Harrington, but why? As soon as he slips he's on the bench and Byron Leftwich steps in. Both of them are 10x the passer Mike Vick was. Roddy is a sick talent in his supposed breakout year.

Dwayne Bowe is very talented, but KC will be a running team again as soon as they possibly can. They do not want to throw the ball, nor should they. They will be back and forth between Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard, who have played only a handful of NFL games between them. Bowe might have 2 more decent weeks left in him before the schedule lightens up and LJ gets back to game speed. You know what happens then...
Run, run, run, punt. Run, run, run, punt.
ryanspicer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:32 pm

ryanspicer wrote:I like Roddy White.
He's got a nice schedule leading up to the bye (HOU, TEN, NYG, NO) and he's got a nice playoff schedule (Wk 15 TB, Wk 16 ARI). Joe Horn shouldn't even be brought up as he has been useless for quite some time, and Micheal Jenkins hasn't ever been useful.
You bitch about Joey Harrington, but why? As soon as he slips he's on the bench and Byron Leftwich steps in. Both of them are 10x the passer Mike Vick was. Roddy is a sick talent in his supposed breakout year.

Dwayne Bowe is very talented, but KC will be a running team again as soon as they possibly can. They do not want to throw the ball, nor should they. They will be back and forth between Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard, who have played only a handful of NFL games between them. Bowe might have 2 more decent weeks left in him before the schedule lightens up and LJ gets back to game speed. You know what happens then...
Run, run, run, punt. Run, run, run, punt.

KC has been a running team so far this yr, hasnt stopped Bowe this far, how could you figure he has 2 good weeks left? people are putting 8 in the box, they ahve to pass, and no croyle wont be playing this yr he's still not ready, but even if what makes you think harrington is better then anybody?

KC has been running thus far to this point, but bowe is still a focal point of the offense they never had, thats why they took him so early, and he will have value all season
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero