Gross. man. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gross. man.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gross. man.

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:39 pm

That's it. I was a Grossman fan the last few years but I'm through with supporting him. He is a head case with a lack of confidence and his symptoms are getting worse rather than better. I hoped he'd mature into a great QB but he's regressing into an ineffectual team killing pariah. Time to bring in Griese and let the Defense win the games.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gross. man.

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:54 pm

hope that mcnabb does bad for the rest of the season so chicago can get him :-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AEMRICH » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm

i haven't been a big grossman fan but i really thought he might turn it around this year. even though he was bashed a lot last year i thought he would realize that a team he was QB of made it to the SB last year. But this guy seems to let the media get into his head way too much. His weapons aren't great, Mushin, Berrian, Benson and Olsen but they could be worse. I think that Da bears need to let benson and peterson grind away the defense with the run and just use Griese to manage the game.
QB: Manning
RB: Addai/Edge
WR: Walker/Driver/ Santana Moss
RB/WR: Ronnie Brown
TE: Shockey
K: Stover
DEF: Carolina

BN: K. Jones, Deangelo Williams, Favre, Braylon Edwards, Kenton Keith, Trent Green, Selvin Young
AEMRICH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:53 am

Flyn high again wrote:That's it. I was a Grossman fan the last few years but I'm through with supporting him. He is a head case with a lack of confidence and his symptoms are getting worse rather than better. I hoped he'd mature into a great QB but he's regressing into an ineffectual team killing pariah. Time to bring in Griese and let the Defense win the games.

It really sucks to put someone with his kind of potential into the basement, but it's really a simple thing: he is not cut out for playing with this team. It's sad for him, because when he's benched, he's done in Chicago. If they go to Griese, Orton will certainly be the #2, as they still have some pending future with Orton, and Rex will not be a Bear next year. Rex will end up the backup on a team like the Falcons or the Jets.

But it's absolutely true... if the Bears want to honor some sense of loyalty, they really should start thinking about THE REST of their team. "Rex is our quarterback" is like a slap in the face to this defense. It's put Moose into the pits, from a pretty darn good career.

Rex is not the only huge problem the Bears face this year. But he is their biggest problem. And they have 2 viable solutions for that one, at least. It's time to stop being stubborn and face reality: you want a chance to get to another SB in the next 2 years? Start solving problems.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:54 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:hope that mcnabb does bad for the rest of the season so chicago can get him :-)

That's pretty much the dream.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:20 am

Berrian did not help his QB out at all last night. A few of those drops could have altered the complection of the game significantly.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:36 am

gtabaplayr wrote:Berrian did not help his QB out at all last night. A few of those drops could have altered the complection of the game significantly.

While this may be true it does not alter the fact that Grossman has to go. He has had enough chances and he has failed to live up to the expectations we reasonably have for him.

Kyle Orton did next to nothing when he led the Bears in 2005 but he's still a better QB than Grossman.

How bad must Griese be stinking up practice if Lovie won't replace Grossman? Grossman is allegedly sparkling in practice, but it has yet to translate to the actual field of play this year, and rarely did last year. So how bad does Griese have to be that he's WORSE than Grossman?

This is sad, because this team is good enough to win their division again, but the way they're playing top down, it's not going to happen.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:11 am

knapplc wrote:
gtabaplayr wrote:Berrian did not help his QB out at all last night. A few of those drops could have altered the complection of the game significantly.

While this may be true it does not alter the fact that Grossman has to go. He has had enough chances and he has failed to live up to the expectations we reasonably have for him.

Kyle Orton did next to nothing when he led the Bears in 2005 but he's still a better QB than Grossman.

How bad must Griese be stinking up practice if Lovie won't replace Grossman? Grossman is allegedly sparkling in practice, but it has yet to translate to the actual field of play this year, and rarely did last year. So how bad does Griese have to be that he's WORSE than Grossman?

This is sad, because this team is good enough to win their division again, but the way they're playing top down, it's not going to happen.

Um...

Could y'all keep him in when you come to Seattle? Please?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Good Grossman = unbeatable Bears team

That fact, his salary and avoiding a QB controversy are the only reasons I can see for Lovie keeping Grossman in. However, when you have a stadium full of fans chanting Griese.. Griese.. Griese..., it's a pretty clear indication that your starting QB has HUGE problems. Which brings us to...

Bad Grossman = what you all saw last night. I was embarassed for the Bears and for Chicago.

Too bad we can't combine Grossman's youth and skills with Favre's winning attitude and create Grossfavreman.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Good Grossman = unbeatable Bears team

That fact, his salary and avoiding a QB controversy are the only reasons I can see for Lovie keeping Grossman in. However, when you have a stadium full of fans chanting Griese.. Griese.. Griese..., it's a pretty clear indication that your starting QB has HUGE problems. Which brings us to...

Bad Grossman = what you all saw last night. I was embarassed for the Bears and for Chicago.

Too bad we can't combine Grossman's youth and skills with Favre's winning attitude and create Grossfavreman.

Yeah, I'd take Tom Manngrossfavrerino over Grossman in a heartbeat. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk