Gross. man. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gross. man.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gross. man.

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:27 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
knapplc wrote:How about Rex Benchman? How about Rex Ridingthepineman? How about Love Pullyourheadoutsmith?

I just want a team that's effectual. That's not too much to ask.

Oh my gosh, Knapp...
THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!! :-D

It's got to be EXCRUCIATING to be a Bears fan and have to endure that guy week in, week out. :-{ %-6

It's not just Grossman. It's the 20+ other clowns the Bears have trotted out on the field since the glory year of '85.
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:45 pm

this makes me question the coaching staff. i don't understand how they could be so effective with orton...and so ineffective with grossman. the gameplan changes too much for there to be such a lack of difference in talent between the two qbs. i don't understand why they keep taking these chances with grossman. every time he dropped back last night it felt like my nuts jumped up into my throat. call a better game. don't let rex beat you. is it that difficult? apparently it is. i'm no guru here. but it doesn't take a genius to see what is effective and what is not.

now that i have that out of my system...there is a non-football mind that has his entire reputation staked on this kid and i believe that lovie is getting pressure from above to stick it out with grossman. but the time has come to sever ties. sit him down. loyalty is one thing, but this is beyond the pale.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:02 pm

i agree with moonhead.....the argument has for grossman has always been he has the upside to win games that griese/orton don't have but he also LOSES GAMES FOR THEM. imo they might as well see if they can develop orton into a dilfer type quarterback....just manage the game and let the defense win a super bowl

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:i agree with moonhead.....the argument has for grossman has always been he has the upside to win games that griese/orton don't have but he also LOSES GAMES FOR THEM. imo they might as well see if they can develop orton into a dilfer type quarterback....just manage the game and let the defense win a super bowl

That might be too late for this year. Too many injuries to the defense to hope they can maintain their high standard of play. Every position on defense has a Pro Bowl level player injured right now, except for DE. But Rexy definitely needs to be yanked. I'll tolerate him starting next week, but if he continues to stink, Lovie better sit him.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:47 pm

Bears' coaching staff/front office first mistake was trading Thomas Jones. Sure, Benson was the 4th pick in a draft and makes a lot of money. That doesn't mean he should be the RB. The Offense clicked with Jones at RB. Now, neither the running game or the passing game is working. Take away your running game and you double the pressure on the QB. Second mistake was trying to make Grossman "the man" by telling him they want him to "step up to the next level" in this contract year. That move plus the added pressure from not having a good running game has caused Grossman to fall apart.

I say dump him into a pool of piranha and tell him he has to swim across to continue as the starting QB. That should give him some perspective on what real pressure is and if he makes it, he may have built some confidence.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:33 am

Grossman is a career backup, if a qb cant win with a defense this good, where is he going to win at? heaven forbid he goes to a team next year that isnt top 5 in defense and expected to start and lead them to victory
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:35 pm

If Wrecks gets benched he BETTER not be the backup! It makes no sense. If you bench him now, you are giving up on him for good. He will not be re-signed, and that means Griese is the starter, and Orton, NOT Dave Krieg...err, Rex Grossman, should be the #2. I'm glad people are finally coming around to what I've been saying all along. This team is headed for disaster with Benson and Grossman. To think I was heckled and accused of not being a true Bear fan. HA! :-b :-B
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk